Reply
Posted Sep 20, 2013
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

14,241 views
1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(1,263)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

in my case I ordered at 2:55 AM, everything was looking good, but now it says the SIM is backordered. What bull crap is that? with a 10/21/2013 shipment date. Hope is a typo. and it means 9/21.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
I know that everytime I have ordered in the past it will always say sim is backordered, it will change to shipped when phone ships. I am surprised though that you are over a month out! Thats pretty crazy! I bet I am as far out too, btw I ordered black 32gb.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
ordered the black 32gb too.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
Great, guess I am at least a month out if not more! Oh well, I am good with my jailbroke 5 for the time being, it will get here when it gets here!

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

I ordered two phones within minutes of release time:

- 16GB gold est shipping says Oct 1st to 30th

- 32GB silver says Oct 27 to 30th

 

I should have used apple.com instead. It had 1 to 3 business days after I placed my order on att.com.

 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Ordered 64GB 5S black, SIM back ordered 10/21-10/27.  ordered 3:03am.  If you go through Apple right now, it says 7-10 business days so I am hoping thats its just being wierd

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Ordered my black 5S at 2:50am through AT&T, the site kept auto-refreshing and let me in early for whatever reason. I then got the confirmation email where my status was "Pending Confirmation" with an estimate of 7-28 day shipping range. Finally emailed me at 9 this morning and updated the shipping date from 10/1 to 10/10.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

I placed my order at 2:55 AM EST for a Silver 32gb Iphone 5S and my confirmation e-mail was 7-14 days and now at 8:32EST I get an updated e-mail that shipping will now be between 10/21 - 10/31 --- I should've ordered from Apple as I knew ATT would screw things up! They always do!

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

For some odd reason and I thought I was in luck I got in at 255 and ordered space grey 32gb.  When I woke up this morning my email said oct/21-oct28 after I was told 7-10 days.  Now I track order it says "preparing for shipment" this could me they are just folding a box and setting it aside until the end of october.  Who knows..

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Fabu wrote:

I ordered two phones within minutes of release time:

- 16GB gold est shipping says Oct 1st to 30th

- 32GB silver says Oct 27 to 30th

 

I should have used apple.com instead. It had 1 to 3 business days after I placed my order on att.com.

 


Other forums are showing Apple is quoting the same delievery time, they sold out early also. Apple is nortorious for short stocking. Been reported at one Apple location they limited the total number purchased by an individual to 2 and handed out cards to the people waiting in line, after the last card was handed out they told the rest of the people to go home since there where no more.

Funny thing, they had plenty of 5C stock available but no one wanted them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
Actually Apple is still showing a 7-10 business day ship time for most models, which is 10/1-10/4.  So something wonky is going on
wingrider01 wrote:

 


Other forums are showing Apple is quoting the same delievery time, they sold out early also. Apple is nortorious for short stocking. Been reported at one Apple location they limited the total number purchased by an individual to 2 and handed out cards to the people waiting in line, after the last card was handed out they told the rest of the people to go home since there where no more.

Funny thing, they had plenty of 5C stock available but no one wanted them.


 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

As of now the 32GB silver is shipping in 7 to 10 bdays. that is way better than Oct 27th. Dont you think?

 

This same thing happened to me when I order 3GS. I learned my lesson for 4S. I thought att.com would improve on 5S. But aparently I was mistaken.

 

I am not going to cancel my order on att.com. I will never use them again for upgrade.

att.png

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Fabu wrote:

As of now the 32GB silver is shipping in 7 to 10 bdays. that is way better than Oct 27th. Dont you think?

 

This same thing happened to me when I order 3GS. I learned my lesson for 4S. I thought att.com would improve on 5S. But aparently I was mistaken.

 

I am not going to cancel my order on att.com. I will never use them again for upgrade.

att.png


that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Put in order at 2:55 AM for Gold 16GB and was done in a few minutes. Mine says shipping 10-1 to 10-31,

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

wingrider01 wrote:

that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server




I am comparing Att.com estimates with Apple.com estimates. What are you comparing?

 

Nobody knows the actual shipping dates yet (for neither). But apple.com has done a better job shipping stuff faster in the past because it is their devices and their supply chain.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

 just got my email in the last hour, 32gb black says 10-21 - 10-31.  I am guessing these dates will change as the system gets updated. I hopefully expect it in less time, but we will see.  If not no big deal, but what really sucks is the fact that I am at work and people are still walking in my local store and picking up 5S's as of just a few minutes ago! 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

I need my 32gb silver Iphone 5s before my quoted shipping dates of 10/21 as I have a Gazzelle.com offer of $225.00 for my Iphone 4s that expires on 10/15.....one of the main reasons of ordering at 2:55am EST.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
I ordered the 64GB Silver iPhone 5S via the Apple site at 3:06AM and my estimated delivery is Sept 27th-Oct. 1st. My order status is currently "Processing Items". So glad I went through Apple and not AT&T. I feel bad for you guys. :/

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

I feel bad for me too lol, a month is a long time to wait!  Wish I would have went to apple first as well, not sure why I didnt think of that with all the long waits I have had in the past with ATT!

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
Mine says preparing to ship as well, hard to prepare when it very well isprobably still being made in China!

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Fabu wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server




I am comparing Att.com estimates with Apple.com estimates. What are you comparing?

 

Nobody knows the actual shipping dates yet (for neither). But apple.com has done a better job shipping stuff faster in the past because it is their devices and their supply chain.


what estimate from att are you comparing to the website - the one you got when you actually placed your order and it was accepted by the commerce server, the one that you link from the apple site has no basis in accuracy, you will not know what the actual ship / delivery date of the the device, until you recieve confirmation of the purchase it is not accurate. From what you provide they may have been 100 left in stock when you start but when you press purchase and fill in the billing information you where number 101 on the list.

 

I am comparing actual shipping dates to "estimates" just becasue it tells you "estimaed shipping date 7 to 10 days" the key word is estimate, not actual.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

ATT told me if I went through the Apple site I wouldnt get the 2 yr contract discount .

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

johnnyzcar wrote:

ATT told me if I went through the Apple site I wouldnt get the 2 yr contract discount .


funny, that has never been the case before and considering the Apple web store is showing the 2 year discounted price don;t think that comment was accurate

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

So the 10/21 - 10/30 estimated ship had me wanting to know what was going on since I had "preparing to ship" status I spoke to Jordan customer premier rep and she told me that my phone will arrive within 10 business days.  The month window is only to allow them time to get product.  If you see "preparing to ship" and not "processing"  I would not be suprised if phones arrived sometime next week.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

We ordered 2 Gold 64GB phones through the Apple Store app, at 3:10 AM EDT.  Shipping estimate for both is 7-10 business days.  According to MacRumors...the Gold 64GB model went to "Shipping in October" after 28 minutes of going on sale.

 

Apple has notoriously been easier to order from, than AT&T, and also the shipping estimates are worst case scenario.  I'm betting it ships early to mid next week, with delivery on 9/30 - 10/4.

 

Current status is "Processing Items"

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)
now it changed from 10/21 to 10/01 which isn't all that bad, but i expected something a bit earlier.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

Yes same here my shipping changed to 10/1 but I am still showing preparing to ship on my status order.  Anybody else have this order status?

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

I ordered my phone at 3:15 this morning, the status now is from Oct 1- Oct 31. 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
0
(0)

ordered the iPhone 5S 64GB space gray/black at 2:55 AM it changed from 10/21/13 -10/30/13 to 10/01/13 -10/10/13

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
Share this post
Share this post