Posted Sep 20, 2013
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2013
(0)

YAASSSS MINE SHIPPED!!! 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2013
(0)
Congrats!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2013
(0)

@blaze thank you :smileyhappy: 

i live in houston and it should b here by monday or tuesday :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2013
(0)

harrisonguyen wrote:
I'm pretty sure delivery dates aren't tied to delivery address. AT&T claims that they're processing the orders in the order in which they are received but I'm not sure how some people who ordered way later than some people are getting their phones before those people. I live in the Bay Area, ordered on 9/25, have yet to see any progress in my order but someone who also lives in the bay that ordered on 10/28, more than a month later got theirs already. I don't get it

You need to include only those people that ordered later then you got the exact same model, memory size, and color that you did.

64GB gold seem to be still constrained badly

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2013
(0)

I've been lurking for about 2 weeks now as I've been waiting for my phone to ship. I ordered my 32g gold on 10/15 in the store on the NEXT program. The sales rep in the store told me that ordering in the store rec'd priority over online orders... not sure if that's true as he also told me that I would likely receive my phone in 2 weeks bc that was the trend that he was seeing. He did say that the average was 3 weeks and yesterday 11/9 I rec'd notification that my phone shipped and a ups tracking number. My phone is currently in Houston. 
I did have to call att to rec a credit for the 1st Next installment as it was charged and I had not rec'd the phone yet. The rep only gave me 25.00 as opposed to the 32 but that was okay with me. 
I hope everyone gets their phone at lease SHIPPED this week! 
BTW, I was really upset last weekend when I noticed that even 3rd party stores like Target started to sparingly have the gold phones in stock! I have a business line which I upgraded with a 16 gig silver 5s. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2013
(0)

AT&T online now has ALL Gold models 7-14 business days to ship. Everyone who ordered awhile ago and is still waiting, you should be receiving shipping notifications real soon. 

I ordered 10/9 Gold 32GB Model and I get my phone delivered Monday 11/11.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2013
(0)

Nope, September 24 order date, 32 gb gold, still preparing to ship. Never been so disgusted with a company in my life. AT&T is losing a customer who's been with them for many years. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)
Yea that was me. I did order a gold 64gb 5s at an AT&T store on 10/28 and I did receive it on 11/9. 12 total days. I'd be furious if you ordered before me and didn't get it. I had a dilemma before I was even allowed to get the phone and AT&T took 6 hours of my effort for them to correct it and kept giving me the run around for it, they didn't want to give me the phone at the store in my town but an AT&T store at the next town gave me the ok. I was about to switch to verizon but the AT&T store in Vallejo hooked me up but the one in my town, the manager wouldn't let me. I actually want to file a complaint about that and if you guys aren't happy I'd switch to verizon.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)

My daughter ordered her new iPhone 5S from the AT&T store in mid September. We were told it would arrive in 2-3 weeks - she still doesn't have the phone. 

The original delivery date was October 4th and the tracking number listed the phone was "out for delivery".  Little did I know, the orders being delivered by the USPS had been labeled incorrectly (I had to call the postmaster myself as I was told the store doesn't check on deliveries, they just wait for them to come in). All of the orders to be delivered were returned.

I have been speaking with the store manager who is clearly lying when he tells me repeatedly that my daughters phone has been "moved up to the top of the list" in deliveries. it is November 11th and she still doesn't have a phone - not exactly the top of the list. 

I called the 1-800 number and spoke with three different agents. The last agent told me I would be contacted by her manager within 48-hours. Well, that was two weeks ago and no phone call. 

AT&T, I have been a loyal wireless customer and even have u-verse. WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT THIS??

New iPhone 5S Order

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)

AT&T has really aggravated the crap out of me. I'm only with them because of the discount I receive with my job. I ordered a gold iPhone 5S 32 GB in the store on September 25th and still haven't received it. All they have been doing is giving me the run around. Also, since I ordered on the AT&T Next program they have also required me to make my installment payments even before I have received my phone. It is completely ridiculous.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)

I ordered mine on 9/24. I have others who ordered the same phone weeks later and theirs has shipped. AT&T has failed me over and over in regards to finding out why my order is in a black hole. Meanwhile, day 48 and counting!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013
(0)

Well AT&T just credited my bill for 76.00 for the installment payments I already made so that helps a little. Still waiting for my phone thought but I am grateful that they helped some.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

Well, it shipped.  Ordered 32 MB gold, September 24. Expected delivery November 13, wednesday

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
What was your expected shipping date, and how did you order? Phone store? I ordered 32 gig gold on September 26th and still nothing. Just fed up

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

@tcc8372 Well I'm glad that yours has shipped thats giving me some hope that mine will ship soon! :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

Expected Shipping Date 11/1/2013 - 11/21/2013  Ordered through ATT Web site  Premire Order on September 24. Its in FEDEXs hands and will be delivered tomorrow. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
It's hard to believe those that ordered so close to launch day are getting screwed. But at least you guys are finally getting your shipments. Congrats and enjoy

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

For those of you that ordered in Sep and still have no update, it's almost worth canceling and reodering. It's AWFUL and I'm guessing the reason that there is no consistency concerning when you ordered vs when you get it, is less about where or how you ordered but perhaps where you live? Perhaps there are multiple distribution centers in the country?? Not sure about that but what I do know is that it appears that people who are ordering now have a very reasonable and normal shipping time. UNFAIR!!! The only reason that I won't switch is because 1. people at Verizon seem to be going through the same thing. I think it was more Apple than the cell phone companies initially 2. No other carrier allows internet use while you're on the phone unless you're connected to wifi and that's a biggie for me 3. I can use my phone with ease when I travel abroad... another biggie for me. Aside from that I can understand switching. The other option is always canceling and reordering. It seems that people have had better luck with that.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
Apple Store online shipping times have changed to 1-2 weeks also. Some stores even have the gold in stock.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
It seems to be a trend with the AT&T Next orders too. For whatever reason they seem to take a lot longer to ship, according to this thread. But as I've said before, if someone is not ordering through AT&T Next, it's worth it just to cancel the order and track one down in store or order from Apple. No way would I be waiting this long (30+ days) for it, unless I just wanted to do the Next program and didn't have a choice but to go through AT&T.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

rarebeauty wrote:
It seems to be a trend with the AT&T Next orders too. For whatever reason they seem to take a lot longer to ship, according to this thread. But as I've said before, if someone is not ordering through AT&T Next, it's worth it just to cancel the order and track one down in store or order from Apple. No way would I be waiting this long (30+ days) for it, unless I just wanted to do the Next program and didn't have a choice but to go through AT&T.

@rarebeauty I tend to agree with your observation. I ordered via ATT next on 9/23 and I'm still sitting in "preparing to ship" limbo. I would've ordered through Apple but you cannot do the next program through them; only ATT. I'm going on 50 (calendar) days now...36 business days. Ridiculous.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
But i called and tried to cancel and they told me you cannot cancel after 24 days of ordering? I dont know what to do going on day 47 with still preparing to ship.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)
@Dyjhae1, they probably have a different policy for the Next program because you should be able to cancel your order as long as you have not been charged for it and it hasn't shipped. But from my understanding, when you use the Next program, you start seeing the installments on your bill the very next month. So maybe that's why they won't let you cancel? I don't know.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 12, 2013
(0)

Yes mine finally shipped!
Ordered on 9/25 and expected to be here tomorrow so if it actually comes by tomorrow, I would have waited exactly 7 weeks(35 business days) since I placed my order. 

yesterday I saw that AT&T charged my account for the phone and I checked my order status today and said shipped

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013
(0)

@harrisonguyen did u order via att premier or regular and was it a next order?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013
(0)

Well got it and love.  ( but sorta wondering why we wanted a gold one when first thing we'll slap a case on it that covers all the gold part). Couple of things, remember a 5 case will not work, on the 5 s the earphone jack has been moved to the bottom. And to activate it you do not have to full writing all the sim idma numbers down.  Just call the 1 800 number and select option 1. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013
(0)

@tcc8372, iPhone 5 cases do work with the 5s because the headphone jack is in the same spot. They are also the same size. The only cases people might run into a problem with are the Otterbox Defender cases made for the iPhone 5 since the home button is covered. But they have now made a Defender case specifically for the 5s with the home button cut out.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013
(0)

@wmincey9 It was a regular order, over the phone

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013
(0)

Got mine shipped finally ordered 9/25/13... :smileyhappy:

Shipped 11/12/13 maybe delivering 11/15 or 11/14 departed USPS Sorting Facility

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013
(0)
Mazer what was your expecting shipping dates and how did you order?