Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 2, 2013 7:31:33 PM
(0)
Voyager

Ordered Gold 64GB with AT&T Next

Ordered On - 10/08

Shipping Date 11/15 - 12/5

Status - Phone - Preparing to Ship

- Various sim - Processing

My status has not changed since 10/9

No email, no status updates.

I'm hoping it ships soon, and I will update when it does.

Good luck everyone.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 4:49:08 AM
(0)
Explorer

Sorry guys but another one bites the dust.... I went to see what the gold looked like in person and purchased the silver instead.  AT&T also gave me $200 for my 16gb iPhone 4S, so I ended up buying the 32gb silver for $124.00.  I hope you guys get your phones soon, they are awesome!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 6:08:03 AM
(0)
Scholar
Don't only count business days my phone shipped out on a Saturday, and I've seen others ship out on a Sunday.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 6:14:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
My phone also made progress within the UPS network on Sunday I think the main thing is that they don't deliver to residences or businesses on Sundays.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 7:45:11 AM
(0)
Expert

BlazeApple wrote:
My phone also made progress within the UPS network on Sunday I think the main thing is that they don't deliver to residences or businesses on Sundays.

Unless you pay for premium shipping with deliever on saturday then it will not be delivered, sunday delivery is called Express Critical and you really don't want to know the price of that

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 1:11:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

Shwna17 wrote:
@wang_dynasty I called AT&T this morning and was told my phone has shipped. It's in Arizona right now and should be delivered by the end of next week. My order status hasn't changed, though. It still say preparing to ship/processing. I hope this means you'll receive your phone soon too.

Ordered: 9/23, 64gb gold, AT&T CA

@Shwna17 when you called what exactly did you ask them and what options did you choose? Did you call the standard customer service 800 number? Did they provide you with a tracking number? I haven't had a chance to call them this weekend but my order status online has not changed. I'm planning on giving them a call especially after reading what you wrote, but wanted to follow the same steps you did in hopes of getting the same results lol. Let me know!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 2:49:35 PM
(0)
Voyager
I order my 64gb Gold on 9/20, but when I check the status it shows ordered on the 24th. The status is still showing processing. Hopefully it will ship soon.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 9:23:31 AM
(0)
Mentor

I hope mine ships this week :smileysad: 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 11:01:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered mine on 10/1/13 for the gold 64G and have received no updates. Its scheduled to be delivered between 11/8-11/28 but it looks like some of you are going on your second month of waiting. I refuse to wait 2 more weeks. So anyone else receive a gold 64G yet? im really thinking about cancelling. this is the worst and at&t is not doing anything to help us customers out yet. this will be the last time i upgrade through them. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 12:01:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

We are in the same boat! I ordered my iPhone 5s GOLD 64GB, on 9/27 at 7:27pm.

Shipping estimate= Nov. 6- Nov. 20.

going on 39 days.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 12:02:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
9/27/13 64gb gold. 11/6-11/20. still "preparing to ship" :/ ugh!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 2:51:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ordered iPhone 5s 64gb gold 09/22/13.

Estimated ship date 10/21/2013-10/30/2013.

Checking the order page online still says "preparing to ship".

On 10/26/2013 got an email saying it would ship shortly and I would receive a tracking number.

Yesterday 11/03/13 I called AT&T at their 877 number. The agent recommended I call my local AT&T store where the order was placed. They had no more information.... 

I don't think AT&T really has a whole lot of control over the situation. The manufacturer in China is holding all the cards. This summer there was a fair amount in the news about work issues in the manufacturing plant where the iphone is made. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 3:31:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ordered 64gb gold on 9/23 here in the DC area and still stuck in "preparing to ship" limbo.

I called AT&T today hoping to have the same luck as @Shwna17 (we ordered the same day) but was told the exact same information I saw on my order status page.

This is getting old. I'm on my third go around with a "temporary phone" adding and cancelling lines. Going on 42 days now...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 6:08:52 PM
(0)
Explorer
@wang_dynasty I had called 611 to add a service to my line, not really to check my order status. When I tried to add the sevice I was told I couldn't because there was a shipment pending and they couldn't change anything on my account until I received the phone. Since it was important to add the service immediately, I decided to cancel my order. The representive then put me on hold (for about ten mins) and came back telling me my phone had shipped. He said since it had shipped I couldn't cancel my order. He told me it was in Arizona and would arrive at my house by the end of the week. I was preoccupied with my other issue so I didn't check the text message he had sent with the tracking information. When I finally looked at the text, all he had given me was the order number. I called back yesterday to get the tracking number; I was told there wasn't a tracking number and my phone hadn't shipped. They couldn't explain why I was told my phone had shipped. I'm furious with AT&T!!!

Ordered: 9/23, 64 gold, CA

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 7:05:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

@Shwna17...wow. Just, wow. I can only imagine what it was like thinking you'd finally gotten a hold of that low hanging fruit only to have it yanked away from you. Everyone from AT&T I've spoken to has said "you'll get your phone soon, don't worry" but I don't think they realize we all follow a thread like this getting information from others. We're not just sitting around in a bubble, twiddling our thumbs and smiling. We're real people with things to do/lives to live who have waited 30-40 days for a product. This is insane.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 9:11:38 PM
(0)
Mentor
Ordered 10/9 Gold 32GB AT&T Premier. Shipping status still shows 11/18-12/6. No change. No Hope.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 9:26:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

@Ceelo07 same with mine..ordered on 10/11 and nothing.. if it doesnt ship before this weekend, i'll have to cancel and go to a local and buy different color. i cannot put up with my iPhone 4 anymore..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 10:15:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just happened to check my status before bed and it finally shipped  I didn't get any emails or status changes.  I checked a few hours ago and still said processing.  Shipping from Texas, and supposed to be here by Fed Ex on Weds. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2013 11:17:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

[sorry for the novel, but I want to include all the relvent information]

I ordered a 64GB gold iPhone on Oct 4th, through the AT&T premier website (actually my company has an internal portal that takes the order and then approves the order before forwarding it to AT&T Premier, because it is for a large company paid account).  

My estimated delivery date has always been Nov 13 - Dec 3.  Through the AT&T check order status page it has always showed the same "processing" and "preparing to ship" as the status.  

My company portal though as always been updated by an AT&T rep every 2 days... but with worthless information (I imagine similar to the runaround that your get when you call customer support), like "your order is still being preocessed" or "Thank you for your iPhone order. Please be advised that carrier stock fluctuates daily. Your order Expected Ship Date: 11/13/2013 To 12/03/2013 . The device will be shipped as soon as it becomes available."

Immediately after my order was placed my credit card was charged for the $399.  This charge was reversed a few days after placing the order.  

In past years I have ordered 2 other iPhones the same way.  The other two times I also had to wait for product availability and the charges for those phones were also reversed during this waiting time.  Then when my order shiopped the charge would once again be placed on my credit card.

Today the charge $399 charge was reapplied to my credit card.  My company portal and the AT&T check order status has not changed and still shows "Processing" and "preparing to ship".

I am hoping that the charge means that my phone has shipped or will ship soon, and that AT&T just doesn't know how to compently update and notify its customers.

Has anyone else that has recieved their order seen this correlation between when their credit card is actually charged and when their order shipped?

I'll update when I get more info.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 6:36:38 AM
(0)
Voyager

Been following this thread...and it's obvious there's no rhyme or reason to their shippping of orders.

My order was placed October 1st (AT&T Premier, gold 32g 5s).  Original shipping window was 11-8 - 11-29.  I just checked and my gold 32 was finally shipped and should arrive tomorro (coming from Ft. Worth TX)w.  So...in total...24 business days.  I was so close to cancelling just out of frustration.  Hang in there guys.

Order_Status_Results.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 6:52:40 AM
(0)
Voyager

@Ceelo07   I ordered a gold 32g (AT&T premier) on Oct 1st. It shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow (Wed 11/6). Hang in there. You'll probably get yours in the next few days (since you ordered a week after me). That is...assuming AT&T ships in some methodical order.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 8:56:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered my iPhone 5s Gold 32GB in store on Sept 25th around 4pm and it still says that its preparing to ship and processing. Other are getting theirs after me are getting theirs first. What the heck is going on?!!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 9:17:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same here. Ordered on 9/26 and it says still preparing to ship.

Maybe the Premier members are getting theirs first?

I'm frustrated going on 40 days waiting now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 9:23:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Right this is exactly how I feel. If they say its first come first serve then thats what it needs to be.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 2:51:17 PM
(0)
Voyager
Nope, ordered mine through premier and still no status change. 64gb Gold on Sep. 20th.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 3:13:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered ATT Premire on September 24, 32 mb gold and still showing November 1 November 21 ship date preparing to ship. So folks who ordered a week of two after me are already receiving there's ?  I'm about ready to cancel and switch from AT&T. An I've been a wireless customer of theirs since 1995.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 3:30:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

I know this situation sucks particularly for the poster above who ordered on LAUNCH day and still hasn't received the phone, but in all fairness we can't really blame AT&T. They don't control the inventory; they get what Apple gives them and distributes accordingly.

If only there was a way we could get answers from Apple...unfortunately that probably won't happen because we ordered through AT&T (that's probably what anyone from Apple will say, anyway). But we should brainstorm a way to get the attention of someone at Apple that is a decision maker within the supply chain...I have a slew of questions I'd love to ask Tim Cook right now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 3:53:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

So i know this is completely unfair for those of you that ordered 64gb gold iPhones before I did, but I was correct... yesterday the $399 charge was re-applied to my credit card, and this afternoon I got an email notice that my phone had shipped.  It should be here Thursday.

while agree that AT&T doesn't have control over the number of phones they get in any timeframe, they certainly do have control over how they distribute the inventory they do receive...  I would be absolutely crazy insane mad if my order was passed over.  I ordered on oct 4

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 5:27:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered the iPhone 5S 32gig GOLD on October 5th,

My iPhone has finally shipped today!! "November 5th"

Expected delivery is Friday "November 8th"

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 7:01:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

@nickaah that gives me hope that mine will ship this week or early next week! :smileyvery-happy: i ordered mine on 10/11