For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
coolguy2860's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, November 20th, 2014 3:16 AM

November forum for recent iPhone 6 Plus buyers!

Just purchased an iPhone 6 plus, i wonder will it come earlier than December 22nd :)!

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

I'm a bit curious why, with all the posted experiences and available tools, people don't order directly from Apple.  It's not just you, I've been wondering this since the beginning of October.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

It depends on the model and color. The 16gb has been shipping pretty quick. The 64gb is starting to ship and the 128gb is very slow in shipping.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

That's disappointing because like I'm purchasing the slate grey 128gb and in 2011 when the iPhone 4s 64gb came out it had the same issues with back ordered problem. Also I ordered from AT&T using the cheapest 24 month AT&T Next plan, apple only had the 18 month which was higher, good thing I cancelled from Apple.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I ordered from the AT&T store as opposed to the Apple Store because A) I have been a customer almost 20 years and have always ordered from the store and B) because the most important thing was to keep my existing plan. Of course I assumed that AT&T would ship my order in something that resembles a reasonable time. Obviously if I would have known that they didn't have the ability to ship the orders they were taking I would have figured something else out.

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

9 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

I'm a bit curious why, with all the posted experiences and available tools, people don't order directly from Apple.  It's not just you, I've been wondering this since the beginning of October.

I think most people don't read here first. I didn't and this isn't my first buyin to an Apple launch. I think alot of folks actually expect the launch to go smoother than previous launches, and it never does. lol

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

I'm with Beany on this.  I don't trust Apple store employees not to mess up my grandfathered plans.  If I'm entering into a contract with AT&T, I prefer to do it with an employee of AT&T. 

I do go into it knowing that iPhone launches aren't AT&T's and Apple's strong suits so I'm prepared to wait to get the phone and don't complain about the wait.  It's give and take in this game, unfortunately.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

@coolguy2860 wrote:
Just purchased an iPhone 6 plus, i wonder will it come earlier than December 22nd :)!

Me too!! I ordered iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Gold through Apple with expected delivery dates of December 12th - December 18th. Hopefully sooner though!! Smiley Happy

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

UPDATE!!: Ordered iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Gold from Apple on November 20, 2014. Just checked my order to see where it's at, and it still says "Processing Items", but under "Available To Ship", it changed from 2-3 weeks, to 7-10 business days!! 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered on 11/12 a 6+ 64BG SG through ATT only because I have a corporate account.  It is a little frustrating that I see the local Apple store has them in stock right now, but my ship date isn't until 12/12-23.  Based on the number of other people that have had to wait 2+ months, I won't complain just yet.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

@Kevr82 Call your local Apple Store to see how many they have in stock. If they have enough to where you'd be guaranteed to get one, call AT&T, cancel your order and just get it at the Apple Store!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.