The new iPhone 15
vanderlyle's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 16th, 2012 8:05 AM

Moving to America for a year with an iPhone 4s

Are there any prepaid/no contract/1 year contract options available with the iPhone?

Not a huge calller texter, but would like 1gb data on 3G if possible.

Thanks,

Ashleigh

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@vanderlyle wrote:

Apologies, missed the no contract in the first reply.

All iPhones sold in NZ are unlocked so that isn't an issue.

Can anyone link me to the plans that are eligible for this sort of use? I apologise for my ignorance, phone plans work very differently and a lot less strictly over here!

all plans are eligible for this - http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/individualplans.html

the only addition that is required is a data plan for the smartphone, texting plans are optional

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

11 years ago

If you are bringing your own equipment, there is no contract. You just pay month to month, however they only support the iPhone on postpaid, not prepaid.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Are there 1 year or no contract postpaid plans though?

As my visa is only valid for a year, there is no point to a two year contract for me.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@vanderlyle wrote:

Are there 1 year or no contract postpaid plans though?

As my visa is only valid for a year, there is no point to a two year contract for me.

not sure about 1 year, but as mentioned you do not need to worry about it, just do a month to month service plan since you have your own equipment. One thing to check, you 4S maybe locked to the carrier you got it from so you need to talk to them first

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Apologies, missed the no contract in the first reply.

All iPhones sold in NZ are unlocked so that isn't an issue.

Can anyone link me to the plans that are eligible for this sort of use? I apologise for my ignorance, phone plans work very differently and a lot less strictly over here!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.