Posted May 9, 2011
7:48:44 PM
View profile
Lost contacts on iphone

How do I retrieve?  They just disappeared.

Lost contacts on iphone

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 7:59:51 PM
(0)
Professor

Contacts should be synced to a supported application on your computer or to a cloud service like an Exchange server, Gmail contacts, or MobileMe.

If they are, then simply resync them.

If they are not, you can try restoring from a backup as backups are supposed to include contacts.  No guarantees though.

Re: Lost contacts on iphone

2 of 14 (27,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 12:36:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

to re-sync again your iphone to itunes

3 of 14 (27,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2013 2:45:09 AM
(0)
Teacher
If u store your contact with itunes, u can just sync it back.

4 of 14 (26,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 12:49:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi mpseven,

I encountered a similiar problem this month, my genius brother took my iPhone 4S(I don’t know when) he deleted all my contacts & text messages... Finally I found this tool on Cnet which saved my phone and retrieved all my data, Hope it can help you.
Actually the deleted files are still in the database of your iPhone, so you can use professional phone data recovery tool to bring them back.

5 of 14 (25,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 12:06:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Jessicaters on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:09:02 AM

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4, lost contacts on iPhone has happened to me twice now. The first time I went onto the website and somehow all my contacts were in the trash bin portion of the my backup assistant. This time my contacts are where they should be on the my backup assistant but my iphone shows no contacts.

It was lucky that I restore contacts on iPhone via iCloud:

settings>iCloud>check to see if your signed in or have contacts on, if you do then turn off contacts, keep on phone, turn back on, merge and your contacts should show up again.

[ Edited ]
6 of 14 (25,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 2:31:32 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:31:27 AM

Just lost all my contacts, too, iPhone 4, software 5.1. I can see the phone numbers (no names) of recent calls, but there is nothing at all under the "Contacts" section.
Hope my experience can help you {commercial link removed}.
I do have a recent backup to iTunes on my PC that I hope has my contacts information included, but I'm a little scared to try the restore because it seems like there is just one chance to get this right. iTunes says all media and other data will be erased if I restore, so I'm also worried that I will lose all my text messages and voicemails. I'm not sure it's worth it to restore my contacts if I lose all my text messages - do I have to choose?

I'm also afraid to do another backup now, because it seems that will backup what's currently on my phone only - not sure the older backup would save? I can't tell about this, either! None of this seems intuitive.

Any thoughts appreciated - may go to Apple Store but doesn't really look like they want to help with this kind of problem.

Oh, and I had the same symptoms of phone crashing and acting up right before I lost my contacts.

Read more: {Inappropriate content removed}

[ Edited ]
7 of 14 (25,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:17:45 AM
(0)
Guru

Not sure this will help you (or anyone else) but I have "lost" my contacts occasionally in the past, mainly following software updates, but didn't happen with iOS 7. All I did was hit the little refresh arrow (top left) in the contacts app and bingo they re-appeared. I do have them backed up in iCloud and iTunes as a safety net. :smileyhappy:

8 of 14 (25,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 9:05:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It is important to everyone to back up all data that is important to you anything can go wrong and if you use iTunes and go through the checklists of what you want on your phone it can easilly be backed up and restored if you remember to sync your phone each time you add something you do not want to lose.

This should be done on any computing device always back them up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 14 (25,005 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 12:07:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:28:40 AM

If they were stored on the phone and the phone was restored, the contacts are lost.
However, you may have a backup in iTunes. Plug the iPhone into iTunes. You should see it on the left. Right-click it on the list on the left and Restore iPhone Contacts from backup (not the button on the right!). See if you have any backups prior to you noticing the names missing.

If this does not work and since you stated you do not have a backup, then you will need to manually re-enter all contacts.

Go on the iphone to settings>mail, contacts, calendar> scroll down and select "import sim contacts".

Try these ways to see if they work.

[ Edited ]
10 of 14 (17,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 8:00:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have deleted all my contacts while i was by table, who can help me to recover them.

11 of 14 (12,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 8:03:07 PM
(0)
Master

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

12 of 14 (3,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2014 12:59:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

To restore deleted iPhone contacts without itunes backup, you can directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone in a simple way.
The steps of directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone:
a) Connect your iPhone to the computer
b) Enter DFU mode and scan iPhone
c) Preview and recover iPhone contacts

13 of 14 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2014 2:03:31 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by AimeeBuck on Nov 3, 2014 at 2:04:25 AM

1. Have you made a recent backup that you can restore?

2. If your contacts are associated with an email service like iCloud, Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com, etcetera then login to that account via your computer and see if the contacts are present online. If they are, go to Setting->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then select the associated email account, scroll to the bottom of the screen and then select "Delete Account". After that, reboot your device and then re-configure the email service on your device. Afterwards, make sure that the "Contacts" option is enabled.

MORE:

recovery-tool.com/ios-recovery/recover-contacts-from-iphone.html

[ Edited ]
14 of 14 (179 Views)