The new iPhone 15
saloio's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 9:54 PM

Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

The details:

• I have a personal iPhone 5s, with a personal AT&T phone number assigned to it.
  • I have a Google Voice phone number for work and use the Google Voice app on the aforementioned iPhone to receive and make work calls from that app. 

The problem:

• when the phone rings and I either physically send the phone to voicemail, or I don't answer and let it ring until my voicemail picks up, it is always picked up by my personal voicemail, and not my Google Voice voicemail.  This is an issue because: 1) my personal voicemail message does not mention my company name, and 2) I cannot save or forward iphone messages. 

.... me no likey. 

I'm pretty sure I have the settings appropriately set to do what I want, and it WAS working correctly (sometimes).... but never always.... and as of late, never works correctly.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

10 years ago

This may be a Google voice or iPhone specific problem. It seems unlikely to be an AT&T specific problem.

I suggest googling the problem and see what solutions come up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

10 years ago

Perhaps the key is in how you forward. Check this link for instructions. I would be interested in knowing if it works. I also run my own business from my phone.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5795554_forward-voicemail-google-voice.html
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.