Posted Sep 17, 2012
I phone 5 order status

I ordered the iphone 5 at 3am EST/Midnight Pacific time but under my order status is has it as "backordered" and " processing to be shipped" no where does it say if I wiill get it on friday or not. My CC was charged though =/. I am assuming I will get it friday since i placed the order at the midnight release. Anyone got any info to clarify this? Thx

I phone 5 order status

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

Did you order from aTT or Apple?  Those who are getting their iPhones from Apple look like they have started to ship and are in transit from China.  I am not sure what the ATT orders are showing but you should see something no later than Wednesday if you are going to get it Friday.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I phone 5 order status

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

From ATT. 

Here it what is says 

Order Number Date Ordered 09/14/2012 Shipping Status Processing 

our fullfillment center is processing your order for shipment - no shipping date =/    - CONFUSED =/?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 17, 2012
(0)

From ATT. 

Here it what is says 

ORDER PROCESSING - our fullfillment center is processing your order for shipment - no shipping date =/    - CONFUSED =/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

FSU!13 wrote:

From ATT. 

Here it what is says 

ORDER PROCESSING - our fullfillment center is processing your order for shipment - no shipping date =/    - CONFUSED =/

simple - no shipping date is listed so it has not shipped as of yet, suspect that if it does not change by tomorrow, unless you picked priority shipping you may not see it friday

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I called ATT and a customer rep told me  " you wont be getting it friday." A manager is going to call me back. I placed the order at 12:00am when it came out on the ATT site and now I wont get it until October?    ATT said I would get it friday and now I am not?  I could understand getting it late if I placed it at 9am or even later but I did it at 3am estern time- 12am pacific-  ticked OFF customer. Credit card has already been charged.  :manmad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

FSU!13 wrote:

I called ATT and a customer rep told me  " you wont be getting it friday." A manager is going to call me back. I placed the order at 12:00am when it came out on the ATT site and now I wont get it until October?    ATT said I would get it friday and now I am not?  I could understand getting it late if I placed it at 9am or even later but I did it at 3am estern time- 12am pacific-  ticked OFF customer. Credit card has already been charged.  :manmad:

Are you sure about your credit card?  I thought they did not charge it until the phone was shipped and/or about to be delivered.  Are you seeing the authorization/check for the charge that does not actually go through until it ships?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

ITS a hold, but regardless --i placed the order at midnight I should get it on the 21.  If I don't  I will be very unhappy. If you placed your order within 5 mins of the release ATT should honor its pledge to have the phone arrive on friday. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

my email at 3: 06 EST  on fri said -- now they saying no? =/

Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday."

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

Thought that I would join in since I have been reading all of your posts.

Me.. 

1.  Upgraded 2 iphones (3 and 3gs) to iPhone 5 64gb (white and black) via the AT&T site at 8:04 and 8:08 CST.

2.  Minutes lated I received a confirmation email for each phone order from Premier.  The emails said "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as early as Sept. 21, 2012."

3.  I ordered through the regular AT&T site, but the confirmation came from Premier because I get a FAN discount on my monthly service charge.  I cannot access Premier directly though, because I am individually responsible for my account, so I seem to be a hybrid of sorts. 

4.  No emails since then.

5.  Status via the link in the email http://https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status says, "Status:  Preorder Processing" with a button to cancel the order if I so choose.

5.  If I log in throught my regular AT&T account, under "My Orders" it reads, "Item Status:  Processing" with no delivery date listed.

6.  If I log in at http://https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status each order shows "Status:  Processing"  "Backorderd 1" and Tracking Number "Pending Shimpment".

7.  I did an online chat with a rep yesterday that said I was scheduled for delivery Oct. 4-14.

8.  Credit card not charged yet.

So... I guess it's wait and see time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I've always bought my iPhones outright but I've been using ATT family plan for no contract. So when I returned to this country 1.5 years ago, I just got a simcard on the family plan and was told that I'm not on contract cause I bought my iPhone 4 outright. So before Sept 14, I decided to check on my upgrade eligibility just in case ATT messed up my account and THEY DID! Without my knowledge, they put me on contract 1.5 years ago and I'm not eligible to upgrade till Feb 2013! There's a reason why I bought my iPhones outright because of these contract nonsense.

So anyway, they checked it out and said that I'm SUPPOSED to be eligible to upgrade cause I had my iPhone outright and I was told that they would resolve the issue and call me the next day. Never did and I called back and still pending until now Tuesday, Sept 18. But they did tell me that I could preorder the iPhone 5 in store on Sept 14, in which the store rep could easily override it (I don't understand why the store rep could do it but the phone customer service manager or whoever can't do it). I was devastated cause I know it'll run out and I'll be so behind by the time the store opens at 9am on Sept 14. So I went to the store at 9am (Central) anyway and managed to order one. My PROBLEM is that my iPhone 5 is backordered and won't arrive till 2-4 weeks time. This isn't fair cause they're the one who messed it up!

As of now, my order is still processing and my scheduled delivery is 2-4 weeks time. I've been reading mixed messages from everyone who ordered when and when they will get it and etc. If this helps, I completed my order at around 9.15am Central and was told that I'll get it in 2-4 weeks time. Stupid ATT, NEVER AGAIN!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

UPDATE:  The white 64gb that I ordered now says, "Quantity Ordered 1"  "Quantity Backordered 0".  Is this a good sign for this one?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I would think you already know the obvious answer to that.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

ive been keeping up with you guys on these forums and i have a question.

I preordered my Iphone 5 on the 14th at 4:40amPDT and its been a couple of days and my status on my order says "pre-order processing" and its been 4  days since i preorder it. should i be concerned that my iphone 5 wont b arrving at my house on the 21st? is anybody elses status like mines?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

Impatient customers have no patiences!!  have to wait until apple and AT&T get the  Iphones instock before they can ship.

i bet you they come september 21st then ship from that date, pushing the delivery date back further.,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

I apparently decided to do my own research before registering here, whereas others did so just to complain about the assumed ineptitude of AT&T. The ineptitude lies with the people I just described. Use some reasoning to determine the answer to your questions. If today I used 2-day shipping to get from my house to yours, it would be there Thursday. So chill.

CSRs don't have the ability to track down your specific order in a sea of 300k+ phones in the warehouse. They are simply telling you what they're hearing to get you off the phone so they can get to somebody with real issues. So chill.

If you don't have a change in your order status from processing to shipped by 10pm CST tomorrow, you aren't getting your phone Friday. There's your final answer. So freaking chill.

This will be posted whenever I see somebody else whining.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

AntelopeJim wrote:

You will be a very busy man.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

cousintim wrote:

AntelopeJim wrote:

You will be a very busy man.

This has become very apparent. I just can't believe people will register just to complain or ask questions that have already been answered with the best available information. I've been looking at threads here for about an hour and I have no questions at all.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

AntelopeJim wrote:
This has become very apparent. I just can't believe people will register just to complain or ask questions that have already been answered with the best available information. I've been looking at threads here for about an hour and I have no questions at all.

The most inexplicable activity to me is calling or chatting with AT&T CSRs.  If there is no problem with one's order, there is nothing more that they (or their manager) can do.

There is also better, more accurate and more current info posted here than the scripted CSR responses.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 18, 2012
(0)

It's kind of like when I called Apple yesterday. I really was just trying to find a way to get in touch wih somebody about future products. Finally I gave in and told the CSR that I'm curious when a new composite A/V cable will be available for the lightning connector. She went to her manager, who went to a tech, who told them (and apparently they believed the tech) that the current A/V cable will work with the iPhone 5. Obviously this is terribly wrong information so I politely (yes really) told the CSR how wrong it was, but me asking for the correct info is going to make her look insubordinate to her boss for second guessing, make her time at work worse, and wont help me get the product any faster, so thank you for your time. I guess there are just different types of people in the world that will yell at a CSR until he gets an asnwer he can live with, even though that answer isn't even right. Way to go, dude.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2013
(0)

I placed my order online through AT&T's website on 9/20 around 10:00am. 

I have been checking the order status everyday. At first, I had "preparing to ship"

on the phone (5s 32gb gold) and "back ordered" on the SIM card. 

3 days later the status on the SIM changed to "processing". 

My expected delivery date was always 10/21 - 10/29.

This evening I got an email from AT&T congratulating me. 

My order has shipped. 

I am in Chicago. 

Stay Tuned.....