Posted Nov 18, 2012
3:33:45 PM
View profile
How to install iOS 6 on Apple iPhone 4S?

Hello everybody.  My grandfather has an Apple iPhone 4S and he is trying to install iOS 6 on his device.  He is trying to install the update from the phone itself because he no longer has a computer hooked up to the internet.  I know that he can update the operating system through iTunes on the phone, but when I found the update and tried to tap on Download and Install, it did not let me do it.  It read that wi-fi needed to be connected in order to complete the process.  I looked at his settings and saw that it found a wi-fi access point and it was connected to it.  However, when I looked at the phone's screen, I did not see the wi-fi icon at all.  Is there any way that my gradnfather can update his cell phone's operating system on the phone itself?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 18, 2012 3:48:03 PM
(0)
Professor

crkcallie wrote:

Hello everybody.  My grandfather has an Apple iPhone 4S and he is trying to install iOS 6 on his device.  He is trying to install the update from the phone itself because he no longer has a computer hooked up to the internet.  I know that he can update the operating system through iTunes on the phone, but when I found the update and tried to tap on Download and Install, it did not let me do it.  It read that wi-fi needed to be connected in order to complete the process.  I looked at his settings and saw that it found a wi-fi access point and it was connected to it.  However, when I looked at the phone's screen, I did not see the wi-fi icon at all.  Is there any way that my gradnfather can update his cell phone's operating system on the phone itself?

Wifi needs to be connected. If you checked an it showed a wifi but not wifi icon, it's not connected. If your granddad does not have wifi at home, go to a Starbucks, burger king,McDonald's where wifi is free,connect to wifi and hit the install button and there ya go. 

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Accepted Solution

How to install iOS 6 on Apple iPhone 4S?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 18, 2012 3:48:03 PM
(0)
Professor

crkcallie wrote:

Wifi needs to be connected. If you checked an it showed a wifi but not wifi icon, it's not connected. If your granddad does not have wifi at home, go to a Starbucks, burger king,McDonald's where wifi is free,connect to wifi and hit the install button and there ya go. 

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: How to install iOS 6 on Apple iPhone 4S?

2 of 4 (2,416 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2012 6:37:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you for the information.  I will pass this along to him.

3 of 4 (2,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2012 7:04:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

A local Apple Retail Store has Wi-Fi and the new IOS can be downloaded while you are in the Store

4 of 4 (2,367 Views)