For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Thumper369's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 7:59 PM

Government Alerts on ATT iphones?

A friend of mine just got an iphone on another network.  We were standing in the office and all of a sudden his phone started making a noise neither of us had ever heard from our phones. 

Turns out he had a Government Alerts section under his Notifications page.  It includes emergency alerts and Amber alerts.

When will ATT support this?

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

11 years ago

Looks likely.  But, the article doesn't mention the 3gs.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

11 years ago

I received this update on my iPad Mini yesterday, however, not on my iPhone 5. I think it might be because my iPhone 5 is currently jailbroken but I'm not sure. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jice wrote:

Looks likely.  But, the article doesn't mention the 3gs.

If not mentioned more then likely it will not happen for the phone, but then again this is supposition

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

11 years ago

FWIW, I received the notice on my 3GS. I looked in settings and it how's AT&T version 14.1 but I can't find the govt alerts under notifications.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@gphipps wrote:
FWIW, I received the notice on my 3GS. I looked in settings and it how's AT&T version 14.1 but I can't find the govt alerts under notifications.

If they are like other vendors, they push the firmware out to all phones but only those capable of the function will show it.

Guru

• 

149 Messages

11 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:

I received this update on my iPad Mini yesterday, however, not on my iPhone 5. I think it might be because my iPhone 5 is currently jailbroken but I'm not sure. 

My iPhone 4S is jailbroken & I received the update. My sister in law has a 4S & hasn't gotten it yet. My sister got the update on her 3GS but she didn't get the government alerts. Don't know what the update did on her phone. It's only suppose to be for the 4S & 5.

Guru

• 

149 Messages

11 years ago

@gphipps wrote:
The govt alerts are only for the 4S & 5.

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

We have the 4 and 4s. Both carrier versions updated to 4.1 and the government alerts ARE in notifications on both phones. First I went to settings>general>about and then the message popped up that "carrier version was updated to 4.1". Then I went to settings>notifications and there they were at the very bottom of the notification page.

-----------------------------

amylyn1970 wrote:

The govt alerts are only for the 4S & 5.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

My update just came through this morning.  Live in Nashville, TN.  n

Not sure how they break up the deployment, but it makes sense they could not push it to everyone at the exact same time. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.