Posted Nov 18, 2012
3:22:09 AM
Delay in receiving a photo via a text message.

I have an APPLE 3GS iphone.   When someone sends me a text message with a photo attached - why does it take a couple of days to reach me ??  Is there a setting I need to change ? 

Thanks 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 22, 2012 10:17:29 AM
(0)
Expert
if you send to yourself and it is delayed then it is your account that has something wrong, if it comes through right away then it is the person you are trying to send to and not you.
Accepted Solution

Delay in receiving a photo via a text message.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2012 12:04:27 PM
(0)
Expert
what happens when you send a mms to your own phone number from the iPhone.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Delay in receiving a photo via a text message.

2 of 8 (2,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 21, 2012 1:18:26 AM
(0)
Teacher

When i send myself a text photo... it appears right aways :smileysad:  

3 of 8 (1,918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 21, 2012 6:13:44 PM
(0)
Expert
are the people sending your using AT&T as well or another carrier?.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

4 of 8 (1,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 22, 2012 7:25:53 AM
(0)
Professor

wilcre wrote:
what happens when you send a mms to your own phone number from the iPhone.

What is supposed to happen? Just in case my wife asks me this same question...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 8 (1,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Nov 22, 2012 10:17:29 AM
(0)
Expert
if you send to yourself and it is delayed then it is your account that has something wrong, if it comes through right away then it is the person you are trying to send to and not you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

6 of 8 (1,851 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 22, 2012 3:18:29 PM
(0)
Professor

wilcre wrote:

got it. Like when Big Red and AT&T don't play well with each other. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

7 of 8 (1,834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 25, 2012 12:42:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you :smileyhappy:)

8 of 8 (1,757 Views)