Posted Oct 26, 2010
3:14:10 PM
Changing iphone for a few days....

Hi..I was wondering....I need to take my iphone sent in (the touch screen is loosing sensitivity) and a friend was going to lend me their old 3G...I have a 3GS right now....I have the unlimited data plan and do not want to loose it.... will switching from the 3GS to the 3G effect that? It will only be until I get my replacement phone..any help you can give me will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 26, 2010 3:29:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You're going to put your sim into the 3G, nothing is going to change at all.

I've used my iP4 sim in a klunker GSM phone several times when I didn't want to bring the iPhone to an environmentally hazerdous location.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Changing iphone for a few days....

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 26, 2010 3:29:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You're going to put your sim into the 3G, nothing is going to change at all.

I've used my iP4 sim in a klunker GSM phone several times when I didn't want to bring the iPhone to an environmentally hazerdous location.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Changing iphone for a few days....

2 of 5 (1,625 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 12:24:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

How do you use the sim from the iphone 4 in another phone? Isn't it to small? I only ask b/c I have the same issue sometimes I don't want to take my ip4 to certain places, ie: pool so on.

3 of 5 (1,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 12:40:19 PM
(0)
Guru

You can get an adapter to put a micro-SIM into a standard SIM slot.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (1,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2010 7:12:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks good information to know! :smileyhappy:

5 of 5 (1,354 Views)