The new iPhone 15
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 6:16 AM

Carrier Update to 14.2 - Any details on it?

Hi folks!

So as the title says, my iPhone 5 automatically updated the carrier settings to AT&T 14.2 by I'm unable to find anything different. Any idea what this carrier update was about? 😛
~Sunshine :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Hey everyone, thanks for your posts about the Carrier Update for your iPhones. Check out Wireless Emergency Alerts Coming to iPhone 5, 4S which will explain the purpose of the update. It is possible that some customers will receive this udpate twice. If this happens to you, don't be alarmed, AT&T and Apple simply want to ensure an optimal device experience on our network. 

Thanks again! 

Scholar

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

I would like to know myself, what the update is for. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Nuked tethering if plan didn't have it, for one.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jparniawski wrote:
Nuked tethering if plan didn't have it, for one.

explain in more detail - do you mean

1. removed the setting to tether if you did not have a data plan capable?

3. will not allow the device to act as a hotspot / tethering location?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

I think they meant removed the setting if your phone didn't have the appropriate plan to do so. But then again, the option shouldn't be there if you have the 3GB plan. So still a mystery... Searches coming up with nothing lol

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Evandela wrote:
I think they meant removed the setting if your phone didn't have the appropriate plan to do so. But then again, the option shouldn't be there if you have the 3GB plan. So still a mystery... Searches coming up with nothing lol

got the update, don;t have a tethering plan for the phone and still see the option. I still have the old unlimited plan

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hey AT&T stop stripping down my iPhone you do not have the right to alter software on my phone or other customers phones that we paid for. YOU ARE A SERViCE provider not APPLE

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Gonna repot this to the FCC

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Andrewover09 wrote:
Hey AT&T stop stripping down my iPhone you do not have the right to alter software on my phone or other customers phones that we paid for. YOU ARE A SERViCE provider not APPLE

got the update, still have the ability and setting in the control panel. and I do not have a tethered plan. By the way, they do have the right to prevent you from tethering if you do not have a plan that supports it or change your data plan to one that allows it - read your agreement

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

I can't find any info and so far nothing has changed on my iPhone 5 but the update number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.