For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 6:16 AM

Carrier Update to 14.2 - Any details on it?

Hi folks!

So as the title says, my iPhone 5 automatically updated the carrier settings to AT&T 14.2 by I'm unable to find anything different. Any idea what this carrier update was about? 😛
~Sunshine :)

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@kpmercer wrote:

Julie...

This update REMOVED the emergency update alert options on my iPhone 5.  When 14.1 installed, they were there, now with 14.2 installed, they are gone.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

Just looked on a Iphone 5 in Settings --> Notifications and they are still at the bottom of the page  and I have 14.2 installed

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@kpmercer wrote:

Julie...

This update REMOVED the emergency update alert options on my iPhone 5.  When 14.1 installed, they were there, now with 14.2 installed, they are gone.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks for letting us know @kpmercer. We're certainly looking into the changes everyone here is reporting. Could you please send me via Private Message (top right, blue envelope) your phone's IMEI and your current OS version? 

Thank you

~ATTJulieCS

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Why the version number change then if we already had the same update a week ago?!?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jparniawski wrote:

Why the version number change then if we already had the same update a week ago?!?

according to what I am seeing on the web, 14.1 was compromised for some additonal functionality. That maybe the reason behind 14.2.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too experienced the sam as Kevin. The Emergency updates are now not present in the Notification section of my iPhone 4 settings. I am curious as well.

Thanks,

Ed.

Mentor

• 

110 Messages

11 years ago

I got 14.2 on my iPhone 4S this morning. While I still have the wireless alert notifications, I don't think they are working anymore.  Today there was a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning in my area.  It came through in apps like The Westher Channel app and the like, but nothing came through the new wireless alerts.  Just yesterday I got a flood alert as well as a bunch last week, so the alerts were working, but now don't.  Not that they were working well before as the wireless alerts came hours after the alerts were issued.  The Weather Channel and other weather apps sent notifications hours earlier. 

My iPad 2 3G AT&T still has 14.1, but it has no wireless alert notifications. 

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

This update literally just applied to my iPhone 5.  One thing I can see is that even though the iPhone is supposedly connected to wifi and the wifi is active, the status bar is still showing "4G" in place of the wifi signal indicator.  My WEA alerts are still there (although my area isn't under any alerts at this time so I can't be positive they are working properly), my wifi hotspot festure can still be turned on and I still get the message that I need to contact AT&T to change my data plan if I want to enable it.

As for the WEA Alerts, yesterday my area was under some flood warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings.  I received alerts from the WEA alerts for the flood warnings, but not for the others.  I received alerts for all the warnings (and watches) from my other weather related apps (iMap Weather, MyWarn, etc.) so that wasn't an issue, but it was a little disappointing to get the flood warnings and not the others.  I just figured it was the way that the SPC and NOAA issues theor weather statements that triggered the ones I got or didn't trigger the ones I didn't get.  Perhaps it was a flaw in the carrier settings,  I don't know.

I can say add that a quick restart of my iPhone appears to have restored the wifi status indicator to the status bar.  I didn't like not having that, so I'm glad it only needed a restart to restore it back.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Something to keep in mind if a wi-fi signal is to weak it will latch on to the stronger signal which can be 3G/4G or LTE.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

"...which will explain the purpose of the update. It is possible that some customers will receive this udpate twice."

They are NOT the same update.

"Is there some NSA/CIA/DEA/FBI/etc...code to track us in there as well? Is that why there's no notes and you guys are keeping mum about it?"

My data usage, that I monitored at AT&T's website, SKYROCKETED!  GPS info going, hmmm, where?

"The update that you're seeing is the same as last week's update."

No it isn't.  We're not stupid, you know.

"...according to what I am seeing on the web, 14.1 was compromised for some additonal functionality. That maybe the reason behind 14.2."

Most definitely!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5122397?start=0&tstart=0

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

@crabcell wrote:

"Is there some NSA/CIA/DEA/FBI/etc...code to track us in there as well? Is that why there's no notes and you guys are keeping mum about it?"

If there was stuff like that in there, they wouldn't be able to tell you about it anyway.  That's the way the government does those things.  They hide behind the terrorism shield and when any ISP, phone company, or web site is required to provide information, they can't even admit to having had the "subpeona" serverd upon them...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.