The new iPhone 15
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 6:16 AM

Carrier Update to 14.2 - Any details on it?

Hi folks!

So as the title says, my iPhone 5 automatically updated the carrier settings to AT&T 14.2 by I'm unable to find anything different. Any idea what this carrier update was about? 😛
~Sunshine :)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yeah can't can't find anything either on this update.. Wonder what in the world changed lol

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just checked and noticed something not so good.

On June 24 I ran a speedtest on my iphone 5 (after 14.1 update) and noticed that my download speed was anywhere from 23.81 and 26.38 mpbs. Today, after several tests my download speed has slowed to between 5.06 and 8.98 mbps. What's up with that?

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

I just checked mine and it did take a speed hit but not at my home still as low as its always been around 9.80 but at my wifes work it limited to 43.73 instead of 50 which is still fast but killed the upload to 5.10 from 15.00 so it looks like it can't run wide open any more.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Although anything is possible.. I just did some snooping around tmobile's forums and it seems they too have received a carrier update to 14.2 but no details there either..

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Evandela wrote:
Although anything is possible.. I just did some snooping around tmobile's forums and it seems they too have received a carrier update to 14.2 but no details there either..

from what I gather the T-mobile relates to the new lte markets that they are opening. Can't remember if the 5 hsowed this before but I noticed it now says LTE in the upper left corner of the phone just past the bar indicator.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

AT@TJulieCS that was last weeks update why the no info on the one yesterday??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Pretty sure it also nuked the 'hacked' carrier update that was out there that boosted speeds. Also, the filenames for the M-Cell logo file are different.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Still no release notes? 14.1 (that's ONE, not TWO) added the emergency/government alerts. Best I can tell for now on 14.2, there is a slight change to the M-Cell logo, tethering option now greyed out for plans without the tethering option (mine used to let me go into the settings even though I had no option on my plan for tethering - now it's greyed out), and possibly breaks the fan-released hacked carrier update that boosted speed (as people are now complaining of slower speeds). Is there some NSA/CIA/DEA/FBI/etc...code to track us in there as well? Is that why there's no notes and you guys are keeping mum about it? [only 2 more months and I get to cancel my AT&T and go to a real carrier that lets you actually use your data the way you want with no idiotic contract in the way!!!!]

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@jparniawski wrote:
AT@TJulieCS that was last weeks update why the no info on the one yesterday??

The update that you're seeing is the same as last week's update. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Julie...

This update REMOVED the emergency update alert options on my iPhone 5.  When 14.1 installed, they were there, now with 14.2 installed, they are gone.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.