The new iPhone 15
inti88's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 2:38 PM

Can i buy AT&T iphone 6 full price and have it unlocked?

I preordered iPhone 6 and it will arrive today. I want to give it to my sister who is with another carrier. Can I pay the phone in full and have it unlocked?

I am existing AT&T customer, previoulsy without contract and this new iphone is upgraded through contract. I'm planning to cancel the contract and pay the phone in full and have it unlocked. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

10 years ago

Not immediately. If you cancel during the buyers remorse period (14 days?). After that, you are into the contract and have to pay the early termination fee to get out of your contract. Also, according to the device unlock portal instructions, your account has to be active at least 60 days before they will unlock it.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you dwill05!

Adding the link to the return policy:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a problem after I purchase in-full for my iphone 6 and I plan to unlock my new phone but after I requested to unlock my device, I got the message that my account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period that AT&T will denied to unlock my device. BUT this phone is the FIRST phone in my account to request to unlock and also my requirement is eligible to unlock (pay-in-full device, my wireless plan is post paid and my device is not in the contract commitment) .

Please help me what to do because this will be my big trouble because I have to use this phone to be used with Thail Local Simcard  when I will do my shortterm assignment in Thailand next week.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

What if I bought an AT&T iPhone 6 at full price at the Apple store? Is it already unlocked? If not, will AT&T unlock it for me? Is there a wait period? Thanks!

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

10 years ago

Only if you buy an unlocked phone from Apple. They sell both locked and unlocked phones at full price, so paying full price does not guarantee that the phone is unlocked. AT&T only unlocks phones for their customers so you have to be or become an AT&T customer and then the same unlocking rules apply.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Hi
I wanna buy iphone 6 plus full price from AT&T store . And I a att member. My question is I'm from Turkey but I live in Alaska and when I back to Turkey can I use this phone ? Is this phone Unlock ? Please help me.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Only Apple sells unlocked phones. If you buy from AT&T, it will be locked to AT&T.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

If I buy AT&T no contract iphone 6+ ,after can I unlock it ?

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

After a period of time, probably two months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I m gonna stay here for 9 months. Which way is better for me ? AppStore online(available shipping 4 weeks) or Att store ? Important thing for me I wanna use when I back to Turkey. Help pls.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.