The new iPhone 15
CapeMeares's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 3:51 AM

Anyone Having Problems Calling from AT&T Service to Sprint Service

On multiple occasions I've attempted calls from an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5 to telephone numbers in Chicago where the provider is Sprint.  I can text the numbers in Chicago but there is no voice communication.  It is possible for the Sprint phones in Chicago to call me and establish a voice link.  There is also a third person on our plan with AT&T who has the same problem calling the same two numbers in Chicago.  There is no ringing sound.  There appears to be a connection established but voice is not possible.  I'm interested in what I might be able tyo do next in order to call.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Ah....that is the "cut your bill in half" network....
Also cut reception and service area I guess. Otherwise, I see no reason why there would be a problem.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the exact same problem.    It started last week.    Its not just calls from ATT cell phones, but its also from ATT land lines.      My land line(work phone) is in Rockford, IL

Is this an ATT issue or a Sprint issue? 

I have the sprint phone.    Like you said, anytime someone calls from an ATT phone, The ATT phone can not hear it ring, but it does ring on the sprint phone.   When the sprint phone picks up, you can hear the person talking on the ATT phone but the ATT person can not hear anything..  like its dead.

someone has to have some ideas...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hmm.

Clearly I'm not the only person who has been experiencing the problem.  I don't know where I should point the finger.  Is this a Sprint problem or is this an AT&T problem.  You have described exactly the same experience I have had for the past several days attempting to call a Sprint service number in Chicago from an AT&T service number in Oregon.  

Actually I have attempted calls to two different Sprint service numbers with the same problem.

I'm not sure where to go next.  There is an AT&T store in my community that I plan to visit tomorrow and see if they can provide further information.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

What is the area code of tge sprint phone you are calling? Maybe there is commonality there. Mine is 773.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Ok i tried calling a sprint phone with a 847 area code and it worked fine. So far its just the 773 area codes.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

It appears to be working now..

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @CapeMeares

I’d be happy to help with this calling issue! This certainly sounds unusual. If you could please send me a Private Message with the following, I’d be happy to look into this for you:

• Cell and/or account number
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • The full address of area you made the calls from
  • Examples of Sprint numbers you’re unable to reach
  • Signal strength
  • When this started

Thanks,

Charise

• 

1 Message

I am calling an area code 325 # from an area code 432 #, the 325 # is with sprint, 432 is ATT. Please help....the 325 # is my mom!!! The message I get is that the call can not be completed as dialed, I have tried everything!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

One of the numbers I am attempting to call in Chicago is a 773 area code and another is 312.  Still having problems with calling both numbers.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

The problem seems to have been fixed.  I am now able to call the numbers.  

Strange problem to have.  It existed at least four days for me.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm still having this issue. Is it just me, still?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.