The new iPhone 15
donnie1501's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 25th, 2012 11:32 PM

Adding email account to my iphone

HELP!  When i try to add my att.net email to my iphone, i get this message.....The user name or password for "imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.  Can somebody assist me with this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It's simple if you know what to do. 

Here is how to setup your IPhone or IPad to get your ATT.NET emails

1) Make sure your device is connected wirelessly to your ATT MODEM at home.

2) go to Yahoo.com and sign in with your ATT.NET email address. After signing in to the main yahoo.com web page, click on the MAIL link on the top right.  it will pop up another window for mail signin. Enter your ATT.NET email address again, and password, to access your emails there. This registers your ATT email address on Yahoo.  If you have problems with content coming up on your browser, try using either the CHROME browser or PUFFIN BROWSER.  YOU CAN THEN LOGOUT OF YAHOO MAIL. 

3) go to your phone or Ipad SETTINGS>MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDARS>ADD ACCOUNT.

select YAHOO!   Enter your name, YOURUSERNAME@ATT.NET email address, and your password.  Hit NEXT and it will verify.

you should now be able to get your emails in your MAIL app.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

@donnie1501 wrote:

HELP!  When i try to add my att.net email to my iphone, i get this message.....The user name or password for "imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.  Can somebody assist me with this issue?

When you enter the information, do you provide the full email address in the username field?  When I added mine, I had to remember to put the "@sbcglobal.net" part on the username to get ti to work.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Google is your friend.

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

When you are setting up the account on the iPhone are you choosing "Yahoo" as the email account? I know AT&T uses Yahoo for the old bellsouth accounts so I would imagine its the same. Then all you need is your email address and password you use to check your mail. 

@donnie1501 wrote:

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

No, adding the account by selecting "Yahoo" option doesn't work.

Sbcglobal accounts are cursed. And no one wants to take responsibility for the issue--neither Apple nor ATT

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure if mine is the same (Sbcglobal) but my old bellsouth.net email account works just fine on my iPhone 4s using Yahoo.

@pclafferty wrote:

Sbcglobal accounts are cursed. And no one wants to take responsibility for the issue--neither Apple nor ATT

Explorer

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Add account under "Other."

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

@pclafferty wrote:

I must jsut be lucky.  My account is an "@sbcglobal.net" and I used teh Yahoo option on my iPhone 5 to set it up.  It works just fine for me, although I did get a message about needing to verify my account.  I opened my account in the mobile safari browser and logged in there (entering the captcha) and then, I went back into the email setup and everything was happy.

When I followed those instructions 2.5 years ago to set it up on my iPhone 4, it setup as POP3, but when I check my iPHone 5, it is setup as an IMAP account.  I'm not sure what makes mine work when yours doesn't is hard to say.  As I mentioned earlier, the account name is my full email address, the password is obvious, and the rest is the iPhone default for Yahoo.  It just works for me.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

11 years ago

@HappyDays3 wrote:

Add account under "Other."

I always use Yahoo! to set up my att.net email..

If you do, it automatically set it up using IMAP and support PUSH mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Do I delete the other sbcglobal email addresses after I add Yahoo to keep it working?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.