The new iPhone 15
drummerjoe's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 12:11 AM

Activated 4s - Still No Service???

Ok, so I got my 4s today.  I plugged it into my computer, and wasn't prompted to activate it at all.  After I went through the setup screens, it was fully functional less the phone.  I have no service.

So I went to AT&T's activation email, followed their instructions, and got the phone activated.  But I still have No Service!  I tried plugging it back into iTunes, and everything syncs, but I still have no service.

I'm hold with AT&T right now, but who knows how long it will take to get a rep on line. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Alright - I figured it out.  A normal reboot won't fix it.  I hard to do a hard rest (press and hold the power and home buttons until it powers off - ignore the swipe to power off prompt and keep holding, it will eventually power off).  THen I powered it back on and it finally connected to AT&T's network.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

BTW - this phone is a replacement for a 3GS I currently have.  I still have service on the 3GS.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

This solution did not work for me -- I am in the same boat as you were:

Got my 4S around 12:15pm today -- used the link in my order email to activate with no problems. I was able to restore and sync my new phone, and still can, but it says "No Service."

My old phone is no longer working either, also "No Service".

I have tried to reset the network settings, hard reboot (holding both buttons) and turned on/off multiple times. Everytime it says "Searching" then "No Service"

I called AT&T and talked to their rep who said that my activation had worked and the sim number is correct in their system, but that my "master switch" hadn't gone through. He said my only option was to keep waiting.

So -- It's almost 6pm and still "No Service".

ARGH

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

This is horrible.  I was told two hours to activate my phone I started this process at 330 and it is now 615 and no one is answering the phone.  It is telling my sim number is wrong. But when I call customer service they state it is all correct in their system. It is the switch running behind.  Is this going to be two days before our phones are activated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Based on my reading, more people are having trouble Activating than having the issue by the OP and myself...

We were able to Activate our phones, but after activation, we are getting No Signal. I guess the OP got his to connect eventually?

I am still setting "Searching" and "No Service" 5+ hours after activating. On hold for my 3rd call today to customer service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I had the same problem with 'no service' after calling to activate the phone, on BOTH my old iphone and the new one.  No way to call back for help and the online support chat was down.  I did what you did and it works now, thanks for posting this.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I'm having this same issue and it has been driving me NUTS. No activation prompt anywhere when I plug in my phone or try to do it over the air. Guess I'm just stuck waiting while my 3GS continues to be the working phone.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

Have you tried going to a AT&T store? I couldn't activate my phone either. Synced fine with iTunes but no service. Took a drive to my local AT&T store they got it working less than five minutes.

Just a thought.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Hard reset worked like a charm!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Thank You it worked for me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.