For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
RandomAsADD's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 2:44 AM

Turning off 4G

How do you turn off 4G completely?  I know how to turn off the LTE, but is there a way to turn off 4G when not using it like you could do with 3G?  It really drains the battery!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

12 years ago

There is no way to turn off 4G.  Just LTE or cellular data all together.  

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

12 years ago

4G without LTE is H+, which is 3G on the 4S.  Calling H+ 4G is a marketing invention.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

4G without LTE is H+, which is 3G on the 4S.  Calling H+ 4G is a marketing invention.

And technically this version of LTE as rolled out by ATT, Verizon and others is not the true LTE Advanced that meets the original specifications for 4G.  Isn't marketing grand!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

12 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

International Telecommunications Union (ITU) who sets the standard, has expanded the term 4G to include WiMAX, LTE and HSPA+

So unless your talking about LTE-Advanced / IMT-Advanced, everything your using is just a marketing invention.  Your just hung up on terms and not the real backhaul of the system.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Well that sucks....I've done everything I can think of to save this battery but it really sucks!!

Thoughts? I've already done all of the "obvious" steps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.