12-29-2012 02:50:57 PM
I got confirmed for an unlock and when through the restore process in itunes but how do I tell if my phone is unlocked?
I went back and looked at the e-mail and it just says "once you restore your phone will be unlocked" but without any feedback, how do I know? "all replies will be deleted" at the bottem of the e-mail is not very welcoming.
Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
We have reviewed your request and confirmed that you are eligible to have the requested iPhone unlocked.
Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock.
To complete the unlock, simply:
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
- Ensure a SIM card is inserted into your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
- Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.
- After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.
Additional information on unlocking can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3198
You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal.
For questions regarding AT&T's wireless service and iPhone, please visit the Phone/Device Learning Center.
We thank you for your continued business.
AT&T Customer Care Team
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.
12-29-2012 07:56:44 PM
The only way to know for sure is to put a different carrier's sim in the phone and see if you get service.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.