Posted Jan 8, 2013
5:06:00 PM
View profile
Microsoft Bogus Phone Support
On Oct 25, 12 was having problems with Password on Microsoft Outlook email. Called U-Verse Tech support and was given a number to call Microsoft. Called 877-863-2024 and ended in India. They wanted to take over control of computer for review and ended up telling me I had THOUSANDS of error messages and warnings. My son is a Computer Forensics Eng., and after looking at all my systems, he said all this company wanted to do is send me to a Microsoft hook-up for a $199 charge to FIX MY COMPUTER. BEWARE OF THIS .....
On Oct 25, 12 was having problems with Password on Microsoft Outlook email. Called U-Verse Tech support and was given a number to call Microsoft. Called 877-863-2024 and ended in India. They wanted to take over control of computer for review and ended up telling me I had THOUSANDS of error messages and warnings. My son is a Computer Forensics Eng., and after looking at all my systems, he said all this company wanted to do is send me to a Microsoft hook-up for a $199 charge to FIX MY COMPUTER. BEWARE OF THIS .....

Microsoft Bogus Phone Support

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2013 3:08:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

lamar321 wrote:

Actually I think that was a mistake, as AT&T has their own "for fee" tech support for computers called ConnecTech so I'm surprised they passed you off to Microsoft.

The next time your passwords stop working try this:

Go to your "Start Menu" ---> "Accessories", find the icon for "Command Prompt". Right click the icon and choose "Run As Administrator"

When the command Prompt window opens, type the following:  netsh winsock reset catalog 

then hit the "Enter" key, then reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

lamar321 wrote:

Actually I think that was a mistake, as AT&T has their own "for fee" tech support for computers called ConnecTech so I'm surprised they passed you off to Microsoft.

The next time your passwords stop working try this:

Go to your "Start Menu" ---> "Accessories", find the icon for "Command Prompt". Right click the icon and choose "Run As Administrator"

When the command Prompt window opens, type the following:  netsh winsock reset catalog 

then hit the "Enter" key, then reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microsoft Bogus Phone Support

2 of 2 (909 Views)