03-01-2013 06:40:15 AM - edited 03-01-2013 06:51:23 AM
Congratulations to wingrider01, our March 2013 ACE of the Month!
1. You're coming up on your five year anniversary of joining the community. Whatever brought you here?
Was having issues with the blackberry pearl and came here to find answers, got them from some of the knowledge people that hung around here and just decided to follow the forum
2. You're known as the guy with the answers on Apple wireless plans and billing. Is there a plan and/or device that's your personal favorite?
We used to primarily develop vertical market specialty apps for medical, medical research and other like industries. It was important to understand exactly how the plans worked, the contractual terms for these apps. As far as billing, I am just OCD when it comes to financial and contractual obligations so I tend to read them closely.
3. What do you see wireless devices doing 10 years from now?
Good question, while global wireless is the long term target, in reality unless someone wants to step in and help foot the bill it will have a hard growth period. With the current and foreseeable economic future city's and businesses that used to offer free wifi access are stepping back and taking a hard look at the costs and the return on investments. Yet it moves forward, the newer vehicles on the road such as the new ford C-Max has the ability to become a wifi access point utilizing the owners cell phone. They have the Google glasses - would love to be around when the smart device is an actual implant as you read in some of the science fiction novels
4. What do you when you're not hanging around the community?
If I am at home it is mainly with my family since I am rarely at home I tend to try and catch up with them, if I am traveling I take in the sights of the city or country I am in and try and learn their foods. If I am traveling in the US I make it a requirement that if the city has a restaurant that was featured on the United States of Bacon or Man vs Food I try to make sure I eat there.
5. You've said you travel a lot. Top 5 places to visit?
1. Snook Texas - for the home of chicken fried bacon
2. Dublin Ireland - for Guinness brewery and the people
3. Berlin for the food
4. Sydney Australia for the opera house
5. Rio de Janeiro Brazil for Carnaival
And yes I do work when I am there, it just sometimes - well most of the time I try and arrange my travel to make sure I have time to visit the sights
6. Which fellow community members do you admire - and why?
All of them, especially the CSRs and the community managers. Although Otto stands out right now for his enjoyment of seeing flashing lights in the rearview mirror.
What does the 300 lb. canary say? "Here kitty, kitty, kitty." And what does the community say? "Thanks, wingrider01, wingrider01, wingrider01!"