Posted Mar 29, 2011
6:15:24 AM
can i send a mp3 file in a text message using a samsung captivate?

i am wanting to know if you/i can send a mp3 file through a text message. when ever i try it says file is to large or something along those lines.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 29, 2011 8:34:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

MMS has a size restriction of somewhere around 600kb. Anything over that, and the phone won't send it. You can try email, but that also has a size limit, around 4MB I believe.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

can i send a mp3 file in a text message using a samsung captivate?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 29, 2011 8:34:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

MMS has a size restriction of somewhere around 600kb. Anything over that, and the phone won't send it. You can try email, but that also has a size limit, around 4MB I believe.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: can i send a mp3 file in a text message using a samsung captivate?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 29, 2011 9:02:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

that makes sense. but i tried to send just a small(ringtone size) clip and it wouldnt even let me do that. i will try and make the file even smaller and see if i can send it.

Re: can i send a mp3 file in a text message using a samsung captivate?