The Samsung Galaxy S24
JFizDaWiz's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 3:46 AM

Where is Jelly Bean 4.1 for my Skyrocket

Don't even bother wasting time on ICS, I've had this phone for 8 months on launch day and I'm not even running the latest and greatest Android version. Att and Samsung need to wake up and give me what I paid for.

I should call the FCC about this

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

No joke. I've had the Skyrocket since about the same time. It's silly how they haven't released ICS for the Skyrocket. I would love to have JellyBean on my phone but I just can't stand TouchWiz anymore.

Mentor

• 

87 Messages

12 years ago

Two words: Galaxy Nexus.

I had an SGH-I777, and switched to an international, penta-band GSM Galaxy Nexus configured for the "pure Google experience".

I have the latest version of ICS 4.0.4 (yakju IMM76I), and it's really stable. I'm now on day 26 without a reboot. Plus no TouchWiz or bloatware and updates come straight from Google.

And, I'm expecting that I'll have Jellybean before long.

No more carrier-subsidized phones for me.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Maybe they're going to surprise us and release Jellybean instead of Ice Cream Sandwich! Who am I kidding, we'll probably wait another year before they downgrade us to FroYo and go "HURRRHURRR THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HAD JUST BEEN GOOD LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS AND BOUGHT iPHONES"

Guru

• 

1K Messages

12 years ago

JaFiz... Your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek when you posted this... I'd bet anyway... And I lol'd when I read it!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

I was waiting for someone to realize. If anyone read any post I made in this forum they'd know ha

Guru

• 

1K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sure we'll have JB on our phones in the next month, thanks to XDA!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Tabulate me as another unsatisfied customer.    

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Yeah well have JB very soon it seems via XDA

and killer whack, I'm not unsatisfied it was a joke

Scholar

• 

175 Messages

12 years ago

Considering all the problems Galaxy SII owners are having with their ICS updates, maybe it's a good thing ICS isn't available for our phones yet.  Who knows what havoc JB might cause.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I got my Skyrocket back in February.  It still has the same OS version (Gingerbread) that came on it and AT&T tech support says that's the most recent available.  C'mon!  ICS has been out for over half a year (8 months)!  Is there one guy working on this with an ancient punchcard system?  Get it done, already!

When I purchased the phone I was told it would be updated as new versions release, but your release cycle is unacceptably slow!  When THREE operating system updates come out before you've released ONE, it is time to reevaluate your methods or your clients will reevaluate their vendor.  This is the epitome of poor support.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.