For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
blomstertj's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 16th, 2014 6:15 PM

When is Moto X 2014 getting Android 5.0?

I know that some Moto X 2014 Pure Editions are getting the soak test update for Android 5.0.  I am wondering how long it will take for the ATT version to get the update.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

thats a question you wont get an anwser to till its released.  I would say a mater of weeks if you look at the kit kat rollout for the original moto x

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

According to a customer service rep I spoke to from AT&T moto x 2014 version owners are not likely to see Lollipop updates until late 1Q of 2015. LAME!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I'm new to AT&T and it's just mind boggling to me how bad communication is for a company that's in the communication business... This company won't even acknowledge the existence of 5.0L other than the Nexus 6. What's the point of getting a Moto X 2nd Gen. Thru AT&T if you can't even get a ETA on an update that your phone was actually designed for? This is why in my opinion this company is on the decline.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Updates are always slow thru the carriers.  Some are faster but most are slow.  Look at samsung the only Lollipop release for them is in Poland on the S5

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

I guess I don't understand why the new moto x would need any testing to receive lollipop when the Nexus 6 is running lollipop and is essentially a larger moto x???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The whole reason I went with the Moto X was so I could get the updates almost as soon as they came out. I was told by Motorola that I could get the Moto X Pure Edition with the Moto maker card witch was a lie, You know whats ashame, Verizon had there update since I think the 25th of last mounth.   I am seriously thinking of selling my Moto X taking the loss and buying the pure edition. I will never buy another phone from a carrier again

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hey ATT,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Motorola recently conducted a large scale soak test on the 2014 Moto X Android 5 Lollipop update. Based on the results of the soak test the Android 5 update has been cancelled. Going forward no additional 2014 Moto X devices will be updated to Android 5 due to bugs in the update. It is important to note that update support has not been stopped for the 2014 Moto X as it will receive updates to future versions of Android. The next version of Android that will be released for the 2014 Moto X will be Android 5.1 in late Q1 2015.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

can you post a source for that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.