The Samsung Galaxy S24
pythonflying's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 12:16 AM

When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Finally got stock Jelly Bean on my LG Optimus G (E970) using the tool LGNPST.  The stock jelly bean file is a 1.26 GB download.  I guess thats why the update is only done over wifi.  

Not the way I wanted to go about updating to Jelly Bean but I tried.

So now my software information reads

Android Version: 4.1.2

Kernel Version: 3.4.0

Build number: JZ054K

Software version: E97020j

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

for everyone who couldn't get their phone updated to jb when it first came out

instead of posting complaints on this site and badmouthing at&t because you couln't figure it out yourself

get off your butt and go down to the device warranty center and have them do it for you

and if they can't do it they'll give you one with it on it already 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I went to a couple of AT&T stores.  Talked with ATT Customer Care and Tech Escalation Team online.  None of these mentioned anything about a device warranty center.  If they had told me where to take it I would have done that a month ago.  

The point of posting on this site is to give someone else some history of the problem.  Telling me to go a device warranty center would have been a much better answer than - "your phone doesn't support OTA updates" or "did you call LG"?

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

down here in west palm beach ,florida they have a warranty center ,but they don't broadcast it very much

So I would just ask them at your local store where they're located and then go down there

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

I've just swapped my phone for a brand new one at a Device Support Center after it started acting up.

I had updated it to 4.1.2 JB and it worked for awhile but recently have had several reception issues, glitchy applications, etc., and the rep at the support center said that the Jelly Bean update wasn't really ready and was having issues when they first announced it, so they pulled it.  However, since it was announced that it was available people wanted it so techs have pushed it to phones when requested but she said that it will be released on a large scale again once all known issues are fixed and they are working on it.

For those of you with the Optimus G who don't have JB yet, best to just wait for the right update to be released.  Keep your eye on AT&T's FAQ page.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

@bigcid10 -
Are you saying they unboxed a new one and gave it to you and it has 4.1.2 on it?

I just got a brand new one and it has ICS on it and was told to wait until they re-release JB because they're working on it, a lot of people have reported issues with their phones after updating

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

11 years ago

Any update??????

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

From what I've seen and the response I've received from several AT&T tech support reps, Optimus G users shouldn't expect a working 4.1.2 update anytime soon (outside of rooting and using custom ROMs), even though the new LG G2 has 4.2.2 on it, as do a large number of other AT&T devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.