Posted Dec 11, 2012
When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

Any idea when to expect it for west coast?

178 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(178)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2013
(0)

I agree with all above. This is yet another diapointing display of AT&T's support for a flagship android phone. 

I had the Galaxy S2 when it came out, and was promised the ICS upgrade in "Q1" of 2012, but didn't acutally recieve the upgrade till early July. Now I have the LG Optimus G. I preordered the Optimus G partly because I was told that LG was going to working hard to push the Jelly Bean update out as soon as possible. Yet I am back on the forums airing the dirty laundry while Sprint customers enjoy the new OS. 

AT&T needs to understand that most current Android users will choose Android over and over because it offeres cutting edge hardware coupled with the most frequently imporving OS. By not investing in the timly release of updates AT&T is pushing the passionate fans to carriers that actually support thier customers after point of sale.

At least offer those waiting patiently a time frame!!!

Re: When is Jelly Bean update for Optimus G?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2013
(0)

Best thing to do is to have everyone with a CGOG or waiting for the update to call customer support and at least let them know you want JB.

Then keep Posting here to bump this topic to the top.  The squeeky wheel gets the greese.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2013
(0)

I have 2 upgrades on my account and I want my jellybean or no upgrades

I want my mtv!,lol

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2013
(0)
I think that it would help if we even knew it was being worked on at this point.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2013
(0)
Smh AT&T just doesnt care..its frustrating to see other phones on AT&T recieve the update while we sit and complain... AT&T push the Jellybean update to our phones!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2013
(0)

It would be nice to have a release date.isn't that simple?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 16, 2013
(0)
From what I remember, Samsung and LG gave the updates to AT&T around the same time, yet the GS3 has had it from AT&T for months now, and we are sitting here holding the sh*t end of the stick with the better phone.... what's the deal at&t???

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 17, 2013
(0)

"I agree with all above. This is yet another diapointing display of AT&T's support for a flagship android phone. 

I had the Galaxy S2 when it came out, and was promised the ICS upgrade in "Q1" of 2012, but didn't acutally recieve the upgrade till early July. Now I have the LG Optimus G. I preordered the Optimus G partly because I was told that LG was going to working hard to push the Jelly Bean update out as soon as possible. Yet I am back on the forums airing the dirty laundry while Sprint customers enjoy the new OS. 

AT&T needs to understand that most current Android users will choose Android over and over because it offeres cutting edge hardware coupled with the most frequently imporving OS. By not investing in the timly release of updates AT&T is pushing the passionate fans to carriers that actually support thier customers after point of sale.

At least offer those waiting patiently a time frame!!!"

That's exactly the reason I bought THIS phone

when I ugraded ,I was assured that the jelly bean update was going to be released by the end of 2012

and here we are almost 4 moths later

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2013
(0)
Another week and still not even a word about it. Now even the Droid 4 has it, and I'm sure that phone sold far less than this one did!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2013
(0)
JUST about to get the Optimus G, but HESITANT because no word on updates for the device! :smileysurprised: so let me scour the net first.. otherwise AT&T - step on it - you're upsetting your customers who have already waited a few months!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2013
(0)
I agree. To be honest, I only switched to Android OS because I wanted to be up to date with technology. When an update becomes available I immediately investigate when my phone will be receiving it. Like many, I am a diehard Android fan.

I'm saying this is because I was promised a timely OS update on the last two phones (Galaxy S2 now LGOG) I have used on AT&T. In both these instances the other carrier's versions of the phone got the update before AT&T got around to it, and I was left without a realistic time frame or answers.

When you sell premier products the customer's satisfaction has to be the main concern so don't keep us in the dark. Throw us a bone here and give us a reason to be excited again!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

Smh...i just got done talking to a AT&T tech and she says they already tested our jellybean version of our phone but it's having tons of problems which is why they haven't released it nor gave us a notice....she says they have been working on the problems all this time smh...my simple solution to this is for them to just move on to KLP(Key Lime Pie) update when it's available and keep us posted on everything (better to be up with the times anyway)....i have jellybean on my tablet so i'm over it....Just do it RIGHT the next time and give us KEY LIME PIE!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

I find it funny that they say it has all kinds of problems when even the CDMA version has had the update released.  Not to mention there are stable fully functional ports available for those that would want it a bit early and are willing to void warranties.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

In my opinion it has to be more to the story than the tons of problems theory.. but everywhere around us JB is pretty much alive and stabled with slight issues on other devices. I refuse to go back and forth again with a at&t rep that has valid answers for this situation when at the same time they want to play "don't snitch" rules and try to talk their way out of the discussion with the "there is no information on this matter sir"....just give us KLP when it's available AT&T!!!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 19, 2013
(0)

If that is a real story, then I assume they mean all of their bloatware, and system locks are causing problems and they can't figure out how to incorporate them.  Which also doesn't make sense since they have JB on other devices.  All the cheap Android phones are getting updated before this one, and no problem on those?

I guess I am going to shop around see what other phones are out there, and look at what other carriers have.  This was AT&T's one good phone, and they let it fall off the cliff.  Really, Sprint beat AT&T to the upgrade, how embarrassing.:smileyembarrassed:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2013
(0)
Hey guys I know it sucks to be waiting so long for this update but one thing to keep in mind is this phone is still a awesome phone and is still the the most powerful phone under 5" and for the price we got it for I mean just a all around great deal. But I'm mad about the update to but don't hate the phone because at&t is dragging their feet.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2013
(0)
Everyone just get the nexus 4 already

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2013
(0)

Had one.  Got rid of it for this because of lack of LTE, which I use on a regular basis.  Plus, the battery life is somehow much worse considering the nearly identical hardware to the LGOG.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 20, 2013
(0)

I would take what the tech said about JB having problems on our phones with a grain of salt. From my experience, and talking with others, the consensus is that tech's, just like the sales guys, dont know ANYTHING about updates or behind the scenes work. My girlfriend's brother works for AT&T and he said they dont tell them anything and he will know only about a week before it drops. So yeah...take that that tech said lightly. It could be hear-say from another tech, or them just making up fluff. Either way I wouldnt put a lot of faith into it.

I have no doubt JB will come for this phone its just a matter of time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply

OK Seriously when is the Optimus G getting Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013
(0)
Figures that even Canada branded handsets get it before we do.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013
(0)

So, is JB coming soon to the LGOG? I wonder if there is a feature problem, hence the wait.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013
(0)
Nexus 4 has the best battery life in any of the smart phones I've had. Any smart phone will have a bad battery if you watch movies and play games on it all day

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013
(0)
To each his own, the N4 was terrible for my average usage, which if you look me up on that site that shall not he named you will see how many devices I have tried, the LGOG handily beats any ROM I had tried on the N4 in battery life. Even clean wipes had issues. Now maybe I had one with bad cells in the battery, but if you look at the reports on that aforementioned site you will see I wasn't alone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

alright settle down. this isn't a forum to discuss the merits of other phones this is a forum to get a message to AT&T about how they are disappointing a lot of passionate fans who were promised a speedy update for the LGOG. I for one am tired of this game. They need to communicate when they are having issues so we can have peace of mind. I just want to know why it hasn't been released and given a realistic timeframe to expect it. Your problems don't go away by turning your back on them AT&T...Communicate with your paying customers!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

And it's offical

http://www.android.gs/update-lg-optimus-pro-to-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean/

Can we get even an acknowledgement from AT&T that they are reading these forums?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013
(0)

Good luck with that, customer communication is pretty low on the priority lists when it comes to Android updates.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 23, 2013
(0)
Well at&t is now officially the last carrier on the planet to release jellybean for this phone, although from their history fully expected this is just plain sad.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 25, 2013
(0)

Comments from just a few days ago have 700+ views! "The People" want JB!

This is my first experience with ATT, and if the phone wasn't so amazing I would be really upset. I will certainly never sign a 2 year ATT contract again! It doesn't seem they care at all about their customer, and it's not like the service is cheap. 

They have our money so why should they care? They're too busy pulling in cash hand over fist.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 25, 2013
(0)

Here it is 5 days before april now and no JB.I thing there doing this to just *** ,really

why wouldn't they just say yay or nay .It's that simple

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]