Posted Dec 5, 2012
1:58:57 PM
What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

Does the phone put itself into Airplane mode during the upgrade process? I am afraid that I may start the process then have a text or call come in in the middle of it. Should I put it in Airplane mode manually before I begin? 

Does the phone put itself into Airplane mode during the upgrade process? I am afraid that I may start the process then have a text or call come in in the middle of it. Should I put it in Airplane mode manually before I begin? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 3:24:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

Don't worry about it. I think you will be able to talk on your phone during the first part of the upgrade. The second part of the upgrade I don't think you can get phone calls or text because the phone is in download mode. The whole process takes about 1 hr depending on your internet speed. Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with jelly bean.

Accepted Solution

What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 3:24:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

Don't worry about it. I think you will be able to talk on your phone during the first part of the upgrade. The second part of the upgrade I don't think you can get phone calls or text because the phone is in download mode. The whole process takes about 1 hr depending on your internet speed. Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with jelly bean.

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my SO is interrupted by phone call or text?

2 of 4 (1,886 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 6:41:29 PM
(0)
Guru
Thanks. It took onlyabout 25 mins to download and install. Def a lot faster when switching and opening apps. Going to need to see whats new.
Thanks. It took onlyabout 25 mins to download and install. Def a lot faster when switching and opening apps. Going to need to see whats new.

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

3 of 4 (1,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 3:49:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

your welcome.

your welcome.

Re: What if upgrade to Jelly Bean on my S3 is interrupted by phone call or text?

4 of 4 (1,768 Views)