The Samsung Galaxy S24
delphiman's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 2:15 PM

What are these after upgrade S3 to Android 4.3?

After my phone Galaxy S3 upgraded to Android 4.3 yesterday, my phone keep downloading these these every 15 minutes.

Does anyone know what are these?

Screenshot_2013-12-22-07-35-39.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

How come the Assign Groups feature now does not work?  Contacts/Edit/Assign Groups.  I have tried to assign a contact to a group after this update and it does not take it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

One thing I do to help minimize the battery drain (even with previous O/S versions) is when I'm finished using the phone for a while, I end all running applications so they're not running while I'm not using the phone--especially GPS-related apps.
To do this, hold the home button down until the active applications screen opens (usually only takes a few seconds). You'll see a graphical list of the recent apps you've used. At the bottom of the screen are three icons, a pie chart, the Google logo, and a menu bars icon with an 'x' on it.
click the pie chart. That will open a list of all active apps. You can selectively end individual apps or end all active all by clicking (touching) the "End all" button.
Hope this helps some.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Draining the battery will work no bettery than removing it from the phone and waiting for any compasitance discharge to end. (thats a fancy way of saying waiting for the voltage to drain out, like how your computer charger light stays on after you unplug it from the wall)

Anyway, the Li-ion battery in your phone should stay as charged as ofter as you can.  Optiumal battery charge is 90%, but I recommend keeping it over 70% if you can. 

Why?

It’s not a NiMH battery, and driving a Ion battery to reserve it a GREAT way to buy a new battery.  Without getting too technical they have no memory effect, which means that you do not have to completely discharge them before recharging, as with some other battery chemistries.

Meaning what someone on here recommended this and that will only work for use with NiMH or the old acid lead batteries.

Also, most Ion batteries only last 2 to 3 years and the lower the discharge the lower the life of the battery becomes.  If you ever remove the reserve charge and totally drain the battery you will destroy the battery.  That is fact, and I dare you to try it.  (Don’t try that please).

But this still does not solve the code issue in the 4.3 update that is not regulating the battery.  I am going on 2 or 3 months with 4.3 update, and AGAIN AT&T you have managed to destroy a working phone due to crappy coding and lack of error checking and Beta testing.  (I also blame Google and Samsung for this also)  Keep up the subpar work…. Go team.  LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is a bit late, but I think you should know this.

Turn off your GPS and your Bluetooth and anything that isn't in use like that.

GPS and Bluetooth will kill a phone's battery life,but this does not just affect Android phones, it affects all phones.

Tell me if this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.