Posted Dec 22, 2013
6:15:59 AM
View profile
What are these after upgrade S3 to Android 4.3?

After my phone Galaxy S3 upgraded to Android 4.3 yesterday, my phone keep downloading these these every 15 minutes.

Does anyone know what are these?

Screenshot_2013-12-22-07-35-39.png

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 22, 2013 6:50:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pbm5362 on Dec 22, 2013 at 6:59:57 PM

You don't need to do a factory reset to get rid of those.  They're old downloads that you didn't clear out.  Go to the downloads app and clear everything out. If that doesn't work, go to settings > more  > application manager > swipe over to all > scroll down to download manager and clear the cache.  This should do the trick for you.  As for the battery drain, it usually sorts itself out after 7 to 10 days.  What I did after the update was let the battery completely drain, then remove the battery for about an hour and reinsert it. Then completely recharge the phone with the power turned off and with the stock charger.  What that does is that it tricks the battery into resetting itself. After that the battery drain was almost what it was in 4.1.2.  The battery drain issue is a known issue and according to another thread AT&T is working on a fix.  Hope this all helps you out.

Accepted Solution

What are these after upgrade S3 to Android 4.3?

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 6:59:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

That doesn't look good... any chance you've installed something recently?

I'd reboot the phone for sure, but if that keeps up start looking hard at the apps you've installed...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What are these after upgrade S3 to Android 4.3?

2 of 15 (9,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 2:22:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

No, that just appeared right after I did the upgrade from ATT and Samsung.

Now, it shows every 15 minutes.

Also, I notice that this new upgrade drains my battery super fast. I mean extremely fast. Any idea why?

3 of 15 (9,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 2:25:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
Because it is a crap update. Att plus Samsung equals poor customer service.

4 of 15 (9,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 2:42:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

Wow, I wish I have known this. This is terrible ATT

oh crap, I dónt want to reset my phone to factory

5 of 15 (9,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 22, 2013 6:50:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pbm5362 on Dec 22, 2013 at 6:59:57 PM

You don't need to do a factory reset to get rid of those.  They're old downloads that you didn't clear out.  Go to the downloads app and clear everything out. If that doesn't work, go to settings > more  > application manager > swipe over to all > scroll down to download manager and clear the cache.  This should do the trick for you.  As for the battery drain, it usually sorts itself out after 7 to 10 days.  What I did after the update was let the battery completely drain, then remove the battery for about an hour and reinsert it. Then completely recharge the phone with the power turned off and with the stock charger.  What that does is that it tricks the battery into resetting itself. After that the battery drain was almost what it was in 4.1.2.  The battery drain issue is a known issue and according to another thread AT&T is working on a fix.  Hope this all helps you out.

[ Edited ]
6 of 15 (9,232 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 7:31:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for your help

I will try that

7 of 15 (9,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 9:15:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

You're welcome! Quick question for you, how did you get weather info to show up in your notification panel?

8 of 15 (9,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 7:34:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

That is Accuweather app

9 of 15 (9,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 7:37:20 AM
(0)
Teacher

Alright, I think the battery is really getting worse. Before I upgrade my Galaxy S3, my phone could last about 2 to 3 days without charging. Now, after the upgrade, I have to charge my phone every 7 hours.

The battery percentage drops in free fall even the phone just sitting there.

I tried the trick, take the battery out for 1 hour, charge it again as pbm5362 mentioned but it is not working.

Please help.

10 of 15 (9,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 3:00:57 PM
(0)
Professor
What does the battery usage details tell you about what is using the battery?

11 of 15 (8,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 8:52:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

How come the Assign Groups feature now does not work?  Contacts/Edit/Assign Groups.  I have tried to assign a contact to a group after this update and it does not take it.

12 of 15 (8,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 9:14:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
One thing I do to help minimize the battery drain (even with previous O/S versions) is when I'm finished using the phone for a while, I end all running applications so they're not running while I'm not using the phone--especially GPS-related apps.
To do this, hold the home button down until the active applications screen opens (usually only takes a few seconds). You'll see a graphical list of the recent apps you've used. At the bottom of the screen are three icons, a pie chart, the Google logo, and a menu bars icon with an 'x' on it.
click the pie chart. That will open a list of all active apps. You can selectively end individual apps or end all active all by clicking (touching) the "End all" button.
Hope this helps some.

13 of 15 (6,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2014 11:33:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

Draining the battery will work no bettery than removing it from the phone and waiting for any compasitance discharge to end. (thats a fancy way of saying waiting for the voltage to drain out, like how your computer charger light stays on after you unplug it from the wall)

Anyway, the Li-ion battery in your phone should stay as charged as ofter as you can.  Optiumal battery charge is 90%, but I recommend keeping it over 70% if you can. 

Why?

It’s not a NiMH battery, and driving a Ion battery to reserve it a GREAT way to buy a new battery.  Without getting too technical they have no memory effect, which means that you do not have to completely discharge them before recharging, as with some other battery chemistries.

Meaning what someone on here recommended this and that will only work for use with NiMH or the old acid lead batteries.

Also, most Ion batteries only last 2 to 3 years and the lower the discharge the lower the life of the battery becomes.  If you ever remove the reserve charge and totally drain the battery you will destroy the battery.  That is fact, and I dare you to try it.  (Don’t try that please).

But this still does not solve the code issue in the 4.3 update that is not regulating the battery.  I am going on 2 or 3 months with 4.3 update, and AGAIN AT&T you have managed to destroy a working phone due to crappy coding and lack of error checking and Beta testing.  (I also blame Google and Samsung for this also)  Keep up the subpar work…. Go team.  LOL

Re: Draining your Battery is a great way to break your battery.

14 of 15 (3,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 1:54:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is a bit late, but I think you should know this.

Turn off your GPS and your Bluetooth and anything that isn't in use like that.

GPS and Bluetooth will kill a phone's battery life,but this does not just affect Android phones, it affects all phones.

Tell me if this helps.

Re: Draining your Battery is a great way to break your battery.

15 of 15 (2,137 Views)