Posted Feb 13, 2012
Watching movies

This might have been answered already just don't see it but I have the Netflix app on my phone (HTC Inspire) and the movies are blurry and it keeps buffing all the time so is there anything I need to do in my set up  so it will show up clearer and stop buffing so much...Thx for any and all help

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
2-13-2012 8:22:06 AM
(0)

Sounds like poor AT&T data connection speeds due to your location.  Use WiFi when you can, otherwise there is not a lot that can be done.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Watching movies

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 13, 2012
(0)

Sounds like poor AT&T data connection speeds due to your location.  Use WiFi when you can, otherwise there is not a lot that can be done.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Watching movies

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2012
(0)
Supposedly,when you see the H+ icon,it means you're in a 4G area! It's a lie. There is NO ATT 4G phones except for LTE phones. Go to settings,about phone,network type. It says,HSDPA. That's 3G! HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in ANY ATT phones settings.
Tell CS you want a refund for your fake 4G phone & service.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2012
(0)

StopUrEvilWays wrote:
Supposedly,when you see the H+ icon,it means you're in a 4G area! It's a lie. There is NO ATT 4G phones except for LTE phones. Go to settings,about phone,network type. It says,HSDPA. That's 3G! HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in ANY ATT phones settings.

lol. this post is ridiculous.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 18, 2012
(0)

StopUrEvilWays wrote:

3G is UMTS. While HSDPA is not true 4G, it is an enhanced form of 3G. When on a UMTS connection, I typically get speeds of 2-3 mbps. When on a HSDPA connection, I typically get speeds of 5-6 mbps with peaks of 8-9 mbps. The stock rom will display H+ for both connections. I have found the higher HSDPA speeds to be sufficient for streaming through Netflix, while the slower UMTS speeds are not. Forget about using Netflix on Edge.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 20, 2012
(0)

StopUrEvilWays wrote:

Bzzzzt.  Wrong.  The ITU ruled back in December 2010 that evolved 3G technologies can be considered 4G as long as they represent "a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed".

HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in the settings because it uses the same radio as HSPA.  No seperate radio needed as you do for LTE.

Whether you agree with it or not, HSPA+ is 4G as defined by the organization that defines the standard.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 14, 2012
(0)

THANKS

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 26, 2012
(0)
Im getting 5-6mbps on hsdpa with 2bars on my htc vivid. Not bad.