The Samsung Galaxy S24
tanali's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 13th, 2012 4:19 PM

Watching movies

This might have been answered already just don't see it but I have the Netflix app on my phone (HTC Inspire) and the movies are blurry and it keeps buffing all the time so is there anything I need to do in my set up  so it will show up clearer and stop buffing so much...Thx for any and all help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

Sounds like poor AT&T data connection speeds due to your location.  Use WiFi when you can, otherwise there is not a lot that can be done.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Supposedly,when you see the H+ icon,it means you're in a 4G area! It's a lie. There is NO ATT 4G phones except for LTE phones. Go to settings,about phone,network type. It says,HSDPA. That's 3G! HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in ANY ATT phones settings.
Tell CS you want a refund for your fake 4G phone & service.

Guru

• 

641 Messages

12 years ago

@StopUrEvilWays wrote:
Supposedly,when you see the H+ icon,it means you're in a 4G area! It's a lie. There is NO ATT 4G phones except for LTE phones. Go to settings,about phone,network type. It says,HSDPA. That's 3G! HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in ANY ATT phones settings.

lol. this post is ridiculous.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

@StopUrEvilWays wrote:

3G is UMTS. While HSDPA is not true 4G, it is an enhanced form of 3G. When on a UMTS connection, I typically get speeds of 2-3 mbps. When on a HSDPA connection, I typically get speeds of 5-6 mbps with peaks of 8-9 mbps. The stock rom will display H+ for both connections. I have found the higher HSDPA speeds to be sufficient for streaming through Netflix, while the slower UMTS speeds are not. Forget about using Netflix on Edge.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@StopUrEvilWays wrote:

Bzzzzt.  Wrong.  The ITU ruled back in December 2010 that evolved 3G technologies can be considered 4G as long as they represent "a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed".

HSPA+ is nowhere to be found in the settings because it uses the same radio as HSPA.  No seperate radio needed as you do for LTE.

Whether you agree with it or not, HSPA+ is 4G as defined by the organization that defines the standard.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

THANKS

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Im getting 5-6mbps on hsdpa with 2bars on my htc vivid. Not bad.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.