The Samsung Galaxy S24
dsmile's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2013 10:04 PM

Visual Voicemail on HTC One

Does anyone have this feature working? I don't - support was not able to make the pre-installed AT&T Messages app complete one-time setup or the downloaded AT&T Visual Voicemail app complete authentication. Is it my account or a system problem?

My account is family shared data.

This is a new phone - previous was iPhone 5 which had working Visual Voicemail.

Support is so unhelpful with this problem. I just spent another 15 minutes repeatedly asking support rep to reset my voicemail and make sure it was provisioned correctly for VV on android and the ATT Messages app. She refused to to this. Previous reps have said "that app is very hard to set up", "I don't have the ability to correct your provisioning - go to the store and they will do it".

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

really...no one? AT&T employees???

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I use the Messages wiget that is on the phone for Visual Voice Mail.  Works for me.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Uninstall AT&T Messages, then reinstall, typically works. If your bill for your line on the mobile share plan doesn't explicitly say mobile share for 4G LTE smartphone w/o vvm, then you're provisioned correctly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just converted my iPhone 4s's to HTC One's.  Voicemail is not working.  I've read Help screens, called ATT Help ( who reset my password), but I never get to the place it asks for my password.  It just asks for my mailbox number, and I have not been able to find a voicemial box number that it will accept.

As a workaround, I've now got all unanswered calls to my cell phone forwarded to my Google voice number, but I'd prefer to have my ATT visual voice mail working (or even non-visual voice mail).

The solutions shown below (e.g. use teh Messages app) don't seem to apply to my case.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Try using the AT&T Visual Voicemail app: Play Store Link. The AT&T Messages app is garbage anyway and will take over your SMS and MMS messages if you enable it. The Visual Voicemail app just handles voicemail, and works like a charm on my HTC One. Google Voice can be set up to work as well, but I prefer using the AT&T Visual Voicemail app personally.

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

11 years ago

I also found you need to have the Smartphone plan with Visual Voicemail. There is the standard plan and then there is the VVM plan.

If you have the former, it won't work no matter what you do until you switch it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.