The Samsung Galaxy S24
Fiona m's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 6:03 AM

Unlocked phone .. will it work in USA

HI all,

I am considering buying the following phone and want to ensure it will work when we are in the USA (yes I am an At&t customer and have a sim.

Samsung Galaxy S Duos:

General Form Factor Candy bar Model S7562 OS Android OS Version Connectivity 2G Network 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G Network 900, 2100MHz Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP Data Transfer Profiles EDGE / GPRS / HSDPA 7.2 SIM Type Stand-By Dual SIM Support USB Micro USB Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz  From what I have read .. it may or may not work .. so I would like to ensure before the outlay that it does. Thanks all

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

here is more information on the network it supports:

Network Band :  GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 900, 3G 2100

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

It will work with att and t mobile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

The phone will work for voice and text messages.  For data, you will be limited to EDGE speeds.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

It will only work on voice and EDGE data.  As long as a phone has GSM 850 and 1900 MHz (and many phones do) it will work for voice calls and EDGE data.

The phone will NOT work on AT&T's 3G/4G network.  For that you need 3G 850 and 1900 MHZ.  The phone you listed only has 900 and 2100 MHz 3G.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your replies.

We are with at&t pre-paid plan .. simply want a 'better' phone and it makes more sense to have just the one phone for both countries.

We will not be using it for data .. only messages and normal calls.

Thanks again.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Your welcome.  Be sure to click the "Kudos" button for posts that were helpful, as well as the "Accept as Solution" button as appropriate.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.