For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mikelob's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 12:58 AM

Unlock my HTC One M8

Hi everyone,

I have bought a full price HTC ONE M8 from AT&T without contract (I was already in posses of an ATT sim card, bought just a couple of weeks before, in the same store as well). April 2014

I'm an active duty military,  and I'm about to move for one month and half in Italy, and I want to use an Italian SIM card. However, I would mantain the ATT sim card with the associated plan, in order to use it as always, as soon as I came back.

I tryed to follow the instruction for the unlock request, but shows up the message: "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device.". I don't know why.

What should I do?

Thanks

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

yea...it always happen with AT&T on unlocking devices. Even when you are using the device on the account, it will be saying that the system cannot locate this imei. Another possible issue is that, the unlock code for this model of phone has not yet release out for customers, even if you qualify to get the unlock code. Your alternative solution would be buying an unlock code, and is probably going to cost you $20 to get it unlock. I understand your frustration and your mindset of purchasing it with full retail price and expected to be unlock, but that's how AT&T do business nowadays. The company has no interest in customer just buying the device from them. So, hopefully you won'tbe buying it any more from AT&T. Their service simply put it with one word, SUCK.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

If you didn't associate the phone with your account/SIM (and it sounds like you may not have), it will not (or at least might not) show up in the IMEI database.  I've seen a number of folks have this issue on this forum.

Just go to an AT&T store and have them add the phone to your account, maybe a new SIM (its free), etc.  Then try again to unlock.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.