The Samsung Galaxy S24
IJones's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 29th, 2013 6:11 PM

Unfortunately, Direct pen input has stopped working error message--SAMSUNG Note 3

Last night, I was very upset when I called AT&T tech support and 2 different agents did not have a solution for the error message that kept popping up on my 2 day old Samsung Note 3. I was told to take it to the AT&T store and have a reset or get a new phone. I was highly disappointed at that suggestion. In my 7 plus years with AT&T I have never been sent away from tech support without a solution. One of the agents that I spoke to connected me with Samsung...they did not have a clue. I was highly disappointed but after a few tries and internet searches I found the solution:

Go to Settings, Application Manager, Scroll across to "Turned Off", MyScript Resource Manager, click turn it back on (MyScript Resource Manager, that is).

I am still quite disappointed that there was no solution from AT&T Tech support NOR Samsung. I was about to return to the iPhone.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, IJones!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience calling our Tech Support department. I'm glad that you ultimately found a solution. Hopefully, others will find your post helpful!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Omg, that same thing just happened to me and your post was very helpful in fixing the problem. I'm sorry you had to deal with poor customer service, but thank you for saving me from having to deal with it too. This problem was very annoying and I really appreciate you posting this solution! 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks so much for posting this solution, it was very helpful. I was ready to return my new Note 3 also. I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem and while I was on hold for tech support we came across your post with the answer. So again Thank You!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your solution.  That error was making my phone unusable!  You saved the day for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.