For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, December 14th, 2012 2:46 PM

Text Message Notification includes both Sound and Vibrate (SGH-I747,4.1.1)

I would like to be able to set my notifications to use (1) sound, (2) vibration, (3) both, or (4) none. I was able to do this with a feature phone I had in the 90s. Under "Device options" (accessible via the Power button) I see three options, "Mute," "Vibrate," and "Sound." The user interface should have used a traditional radio button to indicate mutually exclusive selection. Despite the unclear horizontal bar design, this is a mutually exclusive selection widget. This implies that the options are "Mute" (no vibration, no sound), "Vibrate" (no mute, no sound), and "Sound" (no mute, no vibration). When I have this set to "Sound" and I receive a text message, the device plays a ringtone and vibrates. How do I set it to just play the ringtone and not vibrate?

Use case: Device is sitting on my desk and I want the sound but not the vibration in this case.

Samsung Galaxy S III (SUMSUNG-SGH-I747), Android Version 4.1.1, Messaging Version 4.1.1-I747UCDLK3

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The "AT&T Messages" app, "Settings," "Notifications," "Vibrate" menu item lists "Always," "Only when silent," and "Never" as options. I suspect this app, which cannot be uninstalled, must be doing its own thing despite the "Mute," "Vibrate," and "Sound" setting set by holding in the Power button.

Why does "AT&T Messages" have its own settings for notifications that conflict with the device settings? It is possible to get a coherent and consistent interface for notifications of text messages?

AT&T Messages Version 2.10.2.61

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Try going into your settings and making sure "Silent Mode" is set to off. There is a setting here that enables vibrate. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.