The Samsung Galaxy S24
maigrey42's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 11:34 PM

Specs for unlocked phone to use with GoPhone SIM kit

I'm considering a phone (Android); but I'm unsure if it will work with my SIM card. The one I was using (a Blackberry) with my account is old and went kaput recently.

The new phone I am considering is unlocked and is:

GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Edge: yes

4G HSDPA+ 850/1900 or 850/2100

If it is compatible, can I just plug it in; or do I have to call or visit to have a mac address or some such configured to my account?

Thanks for helping,

Melanie

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

Agree with the above.  850 and 1900 MHz GSM; and 850 and 1900 HSPA is what you need to work on AT&T's network (if you don't need or want LTE).  Also, GSM and EDGE are the same thing (EDGE is just the data side of GSM).

Also, phone SIM unlocked (and you already said it is), and you might also need to manually enter AT&T's APN info into the phone settings.

Otherwise, just put the SIM in, and you should be good.  Also make sure the new phone has the same kind of SIM (mini, micro, nano), or you might need to cut it to fit or get the right size SIM.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

You'll be fine. At most, you'll have to configure your APN profile(s) for MMS and data, but there are apps out there that'll help in this regard if you're unsure as to how to do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.