For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
badams1's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 3:52 PM

Sorry AT&T...your just too slow. Looks like I gotta do this myself....

I was really hoping to keep my HTC One unrooted and stock....which would have been a first for me....but keeping it this way as long as I have is a personal record none the less...

Im not sure why AT&T is sooooo slooooow at updating their phones....but ive simply waited long enough to get 4.2.2 on this phone.  I was on 4.2.2 for a long time with my Galaxy SII....but only becuase I took matters into my own hands.

Man, method, or machine...most problems are caused by one or more of these things.  Well...the phone its self is great, and the rest of the world is running 4.2.2 by now.  So its either the people you have over the department responsible for phone updates....and/or their inefficient methods.  Either way....you need to fix it.

Peace.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

I Kudos your posting for the reason that alot of people are having the same issues even with our Samsung Galaxy S 4's .. AT&T supposely released an upgrade that was to fix alot of security issues with our phone along with application and device enhancements (I337UCUAMF3 / 4.2.2) .. they rolled this out on July 9th as a OTA update @ 359MB .. to this day and no matter how many days I set my phone in advance (date wise), my Software Update always come back with "Interrupted" .. I still have not received this update !!!!

There is an open thread on our issues .. and as usual, absolutely NO response from AT&T as to why some people are NOT receiving this new OTA.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

@badams1 wrote:

I was really hoping to keep my HTC One unrooted and stock....which would have been a first for me....but keeping it this way as long as I have is a personal record none the less...

Im not sure why AT&T is sooooo slooooow at updating their phones....but ive simply waited long enough to get 4.2.2 on this phone.  I was on 4.2.2 for a long time with my Galaxy SII....but only becuase I took matters into my own hands.

Man, method, or machine...most problems are caused by one or more of these things.  Well...the phone its self is great, and the rest of the world is running 4.2.2 by now.  So its either the people you have over the department responsible for phone updates....and/or their inefficient methods.  Either way....you need to fix it.

Peace.

Guess what, I am running 4.3 right now. What you describe is the price you pay for wanting a subsidized carrier branded phone. Pay full price and buy an unlocked phone directly from the manufacturer and you will get quick updates. If you wanted the fastest updates, buy from the Nexus line. Rooting, like I did, will get you there even quicker.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.