The Samsung Galaxy S24
hroberts's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 7th, 2012 12:25 AM

Samsung Kies will not update Galaxy S 3, ATT refuses to help or provide answers

Someone at ATT better give me a really good explaination (and an update) or they just lost 2 long time customers.

FINALLY, the Samsung Galaxy S 3 Jelly Bean update came out. I had waited so long. 

Long story short, Kies is unable to update mine or my wife's phone. Tried 3 different computers, no luck. Call ATT tech support, they cant help. They send me to samsung, samsung can't help, tells me to go to an ATT tech support center and gives me and an address and number. I call the number, they verify the address and say theycan help. I go there, they then claim they arn't a tech support center and I must go to a different support center 20 miles away. Fine. I call and they tell me they can help get the update on my phone, just bring it in. I get there and they tell me (after playing with my phone for about an hour) that they have not yet recieved the tools to update the phones, I'm outta luck. Thanks ATT for a horribly mismanaged update release. People put out Andoid OS updates in their spare time better than you guys do.

(The problem I am having with my phone on Kies is it will not progress pass 0% after the phone goes into downloading mode. No matter how long I wait, it will not progress.) 

So, ATT seems to be no help. Anyone else out there have any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi I had the same problem. It was not Kies or Samsung..It was my driver to computer.

I would first if you have windows perform a search for new updates. There should be one for Samsung MTP driver.

Make sure you do it sometimes it takes 3 tries to get a driver to take.

Then hook up to Kies with device connected. If the driver shows that it installed then again do upgrade to firmware on Kies.

I hope this helps it corrected mine today, but be patient like I said the MTP driver has to show it suceeded. ok

Krze

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I bet your MTP driver is not updated. I did mine today it took 3 times to make it stick.. On windows do check for updates.
My Note is doing great after I fixed PC drive issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.