Posted Feb 2, 2012
10:21:46 PM
Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread problems/results.

Ok I got my Infuse to update through Kies Mini with no problems, but so far even after two factory resets, the touch screen sensitivity seems all off. It doesn't always register my touch compared to when it was running on Froyo. Also my problem seems to be mostly isolated on the right side of the screen. Besides that everything else in the phone seems to work well! Anyone else having this problem. AT&T is there a fix for this? What are your guys results!

Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread problems/results.

47 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(47)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2012 6:45:33 AM
(0)
Mentor

works fine no problems here

Re: Samsung Infuse 4G Gingerbread problems/results.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2012 7:07:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

Works fine here with no issues..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2012 7:23:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

Mine is fine also, by the way is anyone having problems downloading apps from Market, no matter what app I try to download I get an error stating that app could not be downloaded due to an error and thats it, any ideas why?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2012 7:29:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

No APP download issues here. Actually right after the upgrade I got prompted for upgrades to some installed APPS which installed fine.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 3, 2012 12:42:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the same problem.  I also lost most of the factory infuse live wallpapers.  Was this normal?  I knew about Angry Birds.  Any fix for this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 7, 2012 7:59:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same here with the loss of the sensitivity of the touch screen. It is now much harder to use the device. I even got stuck responding to an email during the first couple words of my response sentence. The backspace button didn't work at all.  I hope someone gives us direction as to what to do.  I don't know if it's true but someone mentioned that they called back deployment of the update because of some issue.  I wonder if this is the issue.

Just an update to this.  I checked and it seems like the lower right of the screen is the biggest issue like mentioned earlier. That backspace key is on of the primary keys that's the biggest issue because it's in that area of the screen.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 7, 2012 3:45:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Update about 12 hours later:

OK pulled out the battery and it was working great.  An hour later it happened again but I did notice that all functionality isn't lost with those keys. It seems that something is loading up in memory and shifting the the left the mapping of those keys.

The backspace will work if I press near the left edge of the button as well as the "l" key.  The android isn't loaded up with so many apps either. Maybe about 7 apps on top of the stock ones.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 8, 2012 7:12:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just an update, I talked to an AT&T chat assistant. She said she was aware of some problems with the Infuse 4G after the update, I told her to let others know and she said she would. She said at the moment there is no fix, and to try and contact Samsung. Also it is noted that AT&T has paused the update due to small errors afecting a small group of people. Hopefully they come out with a fix soon!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 9, 2012 11:51:56 AM
(0)
Scholar

I started having issues as stated in the forum. My keyboard actually locked as it started being sluggish when typing. I actually got the keyboard has crashed message hit OK button the keyboard came back to life then I power cycled the phone.  Since the issue as stated already the texting with the keyboard is really sluggish / slow with having to tap much harder on some keys.

Forgot to include it does seem the lower right side of the screen has the issue as stated.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 9, 2012 12:04:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Are the people having problems only those that did not update using the Samsung & AT&T official update?

In other words, only those that updated using something other than Samsung & AT&T's process?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 9, 2012 3:22:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

I did the update using the Samsung Kies Mini software, so there is something wrong with update that causes these issues.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 10, 2012 6:53:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

medipac wrote:

Mine is fine also, by the way is anyone having problems downloading apps from Market, no matter what app I try to download I get an error stating that app could not be downloaded due to an error and thats it, any ideas why?

I had that happen before.

I had to clear the cache in applications under settings, open the market and leave it open for approx 5 min (apparently it will redownload data that resets it) and then try again.

I actually did that 3 times before the third time became the charm! After that no issues.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 10, 2012 8:04:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes, I'm experiencing this problem too. I had no problems with the update. I didn't lose any apps or settings, aside from Angry Birds, of course. However, my keyboard is in a real funk. The right hand side is definitely uneven, but I'm also finding that other parts of the screen are too sensitive. It's been a pain scrolling through apps, albums, news headlines etc. because I'll inadvertently select something. It's sometimes so frustrating I want to downgrade to Froyo. At least the Wi-Fi works properly now!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2012 6:19:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

I believe everyone who was able to update to GB before Samsung pulled it has these issues just that as we are finding out many people with the GB update may not be having the issue yet. 

The so called patch Samsung is working on should fix all these issues along side allowing everyone to get the update who could not according to other Android forums.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2012 7:24:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

The so called patch Samsung is working on should fix all these issues along side allowing everyone to get the update who could not according to other Android forums.

Lol yes, that would be nice.  While I wait, let me go feed my pet Unicorn.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2012 8:25:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

Is his name Charlie:smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2012 3:48:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
I understand the frustration people are feeling. I only got my phone at the beginning of the year, so I don't feel it to the same extent. Frankly, I'd like confirmation of what these "issues that affect a small number of users" are. It would at least reassure me for the time being that a) my phone is not defective and b) something didn't go disastrously wrong with the installation of the update. So you think it's the keyboard and screen problem, desiguy?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 12, 2012 6:45:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

The GB upgraded which was pulled by Samsung has issues hence the texting issues with the keyboard, and right side the screen having issue when tapped.

Nothing to be worried about Infuse being defective because Samsung is working on a fix.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 12, 2012 7:12:52 AM
(0)
Scholar
My thoughts now are the issue with kies mini nit connecting to infuse phones with KH1 builds was one thing, but the issue of the screen sensitivity is something else. And I bet they're having a heck of time figuring that issue out.

For as much as I want GB I don't want the screen issue. Thus we must wait.

Another question if your having problems with GB can you revert back Froyo?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 12, 2012 7:48:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

That's a good question if one can go back to Froyo in the event Samsung does not fix the GB issues for the Infuse. My guess is users wanting to go to Froyo would need to do it withn a stock rom using 3rd party software to load it.  The other question would be are Roger wireless users having these issue with GB on the Infuse? Considering that Roger Wireless user have had GB on the Infuse for about 6 to 8 months now.

BMan17 wrote:
My thoughts now are the issue with kies mini nit connecting to infuse phones with KH1 builds was one thing, but the issue of the screen sensitivity is something else. And I bet they're having a heck of time figuring that issue out.

For as much as I want GB I don't want the screen issue. Thus we must wait.

Another question if your having problems with GB can you revert back Froyo?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 11:54:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have found that the back space key is non receptive to touch.  Also, if you press the side key (on/off button) the option to turn off data is gone and the silent mode says off when on and on when off.  My wifi shuts off and on at random in the house and the signal now sucks.  I would rather go back to Froyo than keep this!

What is ATT doing to fix these issues?  I am about at my wits end with ATT at this point. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 12:41:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

kristiemonroe wrote:

Also, if you press the side key (on/off button)... the silent mode says off when on and on when off.

I'm running the leaked GB build UCLB1. On that, the Silent Mode control correctly says "Sound is ON" when silent mode is off, and vice versa.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 4:04:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

I was able to crash my keyboard again with it fully locking up and the phone giving me a pop up window of the error. Likewise I am waiting for the fix as well. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 6:07:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

I upgraded mine the second day that GB was release for the Infuse.  No issues with mine at all.  I'll admit, my Infuse slow down greatly for the first day or so, but was probably becuause of all the updating that my apps were making.  After that, and a good night's charge, my Infuse works just as it did before.  If not better.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 8:13:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried upgrading to Gingerbread today and it failed. And now I can't even get it so I can try the emergency recovery. I phone is just frozen on this black screen of a phone and computer with a triangle that has an ! in it. Grrr.....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 15, 2012 8:53:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Got my phone the day it was released, May last year and its never worked better than it does now with GB. Mine was rooted so I had to do the GTG Unbrick method to get kies to recognize my phone. Took about 15 minutes for the Unbrick method and to download GB. Did this on Friday, Feb 3rd.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2012 3:53:10 AM
(0)
Teacher

With the leaked UCLB1 Gingerbread from xda-developers (apparently released in Eastern Europe but not the US), I don't honestly notice much performance difference from Froyo, good or bad.

But the availability now of the front camera for videochat is awesome, and the new Android keyboard and text-selection interface are very nice.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2012 4:53:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

As noted Samsung has leaked UCLB1 for the Infuse according to the XDA Forum. Hopefully the testing goes as planned, and this fix should become official soon so everyone on the Infuse will have a working device with out all the issues and everyone wanting GB will have it.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 16, 2012 5:36:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
I meant to check xda last night to see if they had anything.

That's potentialy huge.....