Posted Nov 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

Why does At&t not have the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White? Ever since Oct. 24th I've been looking on the website DAILY to see if the white version has come out. I lost my phone around Oct. 20th and it's been around 15 days now... which is around TWO WEEKS. Ever since then I need a phone and the phone I want is the Note 2.

Now, since pre order's came out I've bee wanting to pre order this phone and have been looking for the white version FOREVER. T-Mobile has it, so does Sprint, so does VERIZON and VERIZON doesn't even get the phone in stores until the 27th of Nov.!!! That doesn't make any sense? Why is that we don't have just a color? What's the point of having only one color available? It just doesn't make sense to me. Now, I was willing to wait till the 6th since I saw the pre order but I was expecting whtie to show up soon in a few days after the 24th. However, that never happened and I'm still waiting and it's the 4th of Nov. right now.

I understand that I can buy a case which is white, but it isn't the same. Knowing that I have a gray phone makes me feel wrong and I want the white version. I've extended my date of waitingness to the 9th of Nov. since that's when the phone oficially comes out for At&t. After that I don't think I can wait any longer as I don't even have a phone right now.

What I want some information on is:

1: Why does At&t not have the white version of this phone?

2: How come Verizon, and all the other carriers have it but we dont? 3: Will it come out in the next 2 days?

3: Will it come out in stores by the 9th of Nov.? 

4: Is there any way possible that I can pre order this phone either online or in store normally but just in the WHITE version?

I've checked Samsung's website and they say  that they have the white version for At&T and they provide us with a link but when I click the link it just links back to the Gray version. 

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
11-9-2012 3:25:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

HEY EVERYBODY!!! The Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White is now on the AT&T website! Check it out =>

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung/galaxy-note-ii-marble-white.html#fbid=pi7fiYUm8Rq

Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

[ Edited ]
113 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(113)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2012
(0)
Explorer
I'm in the same exact boat. I check every day - almost every hour when the white version will come out. Googling constantly for any updates. Ugh! I'm hoping this stupid marketing ploy will release the white one Nov. 9. I know what you mean about getting the grey, it's just not the same.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2012
(0)
Teacher

Omg finally I found someone who is in the exact same situation as me!! I dont want grey but from the looks of it, it seems like im gonna be forced to do so... I don't understand why they do this? It's just a freaking color. I check for updates on google like every hour too. I even freaking have dreams about this dang thing. I strongly strongly strongly dont want the gray one and honestly i'm getting irritated as heck. I made this forum question hoping someon would answer because there was like no other way for me to get any information, I contacted A&t and samsung both and they both of course don't have any information. It's so stupid.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2012
(0)
Tutor

I agree... the no white option is annoying.  Here is what I have gathered from my research.  

Yes, AT&T is about the only carrier that does not have the whote options available.  After tweeting with SamsungUSA and an AT&T customer care rep, they did not say.  Samsung directed me to AT&T.  AT&T rep who contacted me over Twitter stated that they have no knowledge.  After visting an AT&T store they will not have a display of the gray until Nov 9th.  Again, no word on white.  Verizon store informed me that they saw them from the rep but will not have them available to demo onsite until a future date. 

I really have no additional information but... My guess is that if AT&T is going to have a white one, it may be available on 11/27 which is when Verizon is slated to ship those.  I think it is pretty much junk that the white is not available as I also do not want the gray.  I have had the 1st iphone all the way to the 4.  Been waiting to replace it and of course no, white Note 2!

Even researched getting a T-Mobile one unlocked but I am fearful of the antenna and not getting the best potential out of the device on the correct carrier.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 4, 2012
(0)
Explorer
Ugh I've heard the same things. What's the point of releasing white when Verizon gets it? Makes no sense! I've also had all iPhones and got the iphone 5 but returned it because I didn't feel like I had a new phone and I never ever ever thought I would go droid. I read some forums where some people were able to preorder the white one at best buy but when I went in myself they had no info on a white one either. I'm really hoping for nov 9th but everyone's pointing at nov 27. I'll be so irritated if I really have to wait that long. Searching every hour every day is consuming me!! lol

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Teacher

Thanks to all you guy replying so far, I talked with a few at&t representatives and they said there's a very high posibility, which basically means 100% hopefull that the white will come out on the 9th when they get the phone in stock. I'm sure they're not releasing it on the 27th. There's no reason at&t would do that but i'm really hoping on the 9th because if it's any later than that, 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Mentor

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one with this frustrating problem! I as a user of The Note, and I sold mine to purchase The Note II in WHITE! I will wait but hopefully you are right and it will be released on the 9th, but if not, I will wait till the 27th!  Its a must have in white, its just so classy and sleek (:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

Saurav97 wrote:

Thanks to all you guy replying so far, I talked with a few at&t representatives and they said there's a very high posibility, which basically means 100% hopefull that the white will come out on the 9th when they get the phone in stock. I'm sure they're not releasing it on the 27th. There's no reason at&t would do that but i'm really hoping on the 9th because if it's any later than that,

I've held off in responding because I just don't get this level of passion about a color.  But threatening violence and harm to people and property really goes too far.  There are people that have no food, clothing and shelter due to Hurricane Sandy and even people who lost their lives.  Threatening violence over a cell phone color is unconscionable.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Tutor

I agree with you 21stNow. But I am wondering why you bring Sandy to this topic....if you are that much concerned about the Sandy victims, then you should never choose your food, dress and in fact any material things in your life, as there are millions of people dying without food and water in the world. When people in African countries like Somalia have no access to food and dress, why should we go to restaurants and wear designer clothes?

To support your view, we can also say that we all gonna die one day so why should we go to job, earn money, buy car and house in which we cannot live forever?

Come on dude, live your life as you wish as long as your actions don't hurt anyone. If a person like to buy a particular color phone or anything..No one gonna get hurt.or no one gonna fight with at&t .In fact he will pay huge money for that phone and taxes, which would help our economy. I think spending money on your favorite things is better than keeping it in your pocket. Who knows Samsung may donate a huge amount to sandy victims....lol

p.s.  I am also eagerly waiting to spend my hard earned money on this beauty and also help the economy. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

I included the reference to Hurricane Sandy because it is a recent and local example of much larger things in life.  My point wasn't about the fact that people want a cell phone, or even that people want a cell phone in a particular color.  My point was that resorting to threats over something like a cell phone color is beyond reason.

And, I'm not a dude.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Tutor

I apologize for my comment.. But I don't see any threats of violence in the above comments. I think it might have been deleted or editied. In case if there was any violent threats in this thread, I am absolutely against that.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Explorer

It wasn't even a big deal and obviously not a serious threat. relax. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeza wrote:

It wasn't even a big deal and obviously not a serious threat. relax. 

People shouldn't joke like that.  There are too many bad things that happen where people ignored the threat beforehand.  Either way, threats accomplish nothing positive and won't make a white Galaxy Note II appear any sooner than it would have without the threats.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2012
(0)
Teacher

Just like my user name I'm 1 of many disappointed customers about not having the option to pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White yet when other carriers and vendors are offering it. But you all may not be aware of nor informed that AT&T is re-boxing the Samsung Galaxy Note II not including the new designed ear-buds\headphones. I've watched an AT&T unboxing of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on YouTube that's alarming and very upsetting also the AT&T website that’s offering the pre-ordering only list: What's in the box? S Pen (inserted), Wall Charger, USB Cable, Battery and Quick Start Guide only with no new designed ear-buds\headphones. This is definitely “No Bueno” because it's not in the original "SEALED" Samsung Galaxy Note 2 box like advertised\released and many other videos & websites review online. PLUS!!! it doesn't come with nor include the new designed ear-buds\headphones in the AT&T box. This obviously tells me partly why AT&T has changed from the original "SEALED" Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boxes to their so-call marketing product labeling box version. I believe Samsung is shipping the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in its original "SEALED" box to all carriers & vendors but AT&T is breaking\opening the "SEAL", removing the new designed ear-buds\headphones to then repackage it with their box. REALLY!?! It's like buying a new car then being told the gas cap door or one of the door handle wil not be included. This doesn’t make any sense! BTW! If my memory serves me right since the release of Apple’s iPhone to date AT&T hasn’t dare re-box it nor broken any sealed Apple boxes to exclude nor remove the white Apple ear-buds\headphones. Hmmm! What’s with the corporate Apple fear but this corporate Samsung disrespect? Presently I'm an iPhone 4 user and have been with the iPhone since 2008 but the iPhone 5 didn't impress me like the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White HD 4G LTE 64GB Limited Edition which I can't wait to get.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Contributor

21stNow I didn't see the original post about whatever threatening comments were said. I saw something like the comment was "edited due to guidelines" or something like that. I do agree that making threats or whatever over the color of a phone is completely asinine. I remember people being hysterical over the fact that the Iphone 4 was released in black well before the white one was available. I want to comment on your remarks about Hurricane Sandy. I want to preface my statements because by me living in the "Hurricane Belt" and dealing with potential storms frequently, I know how things work.

Yes your comments are true, but it makes me think about those who did lose their lives due to the storm. You never wish it on anyone, but you have to ask yourself why most (if not all) of those people lost their lives. Did it have something to do with people not being cognizant and flagrantly choosing to disregard people more knowledgeable such as: meteorologists', mayors' and governors' advice to leave instead of endangering themselves? Didn't Hurricane Irene hit the same general area last year? Why weren't people aware? Why didn't people evacuate, go to shelter(s), get bussed out of town etc.? Why did people INTENTIONALLY put themselves in harms way. (rhetorical questions). Don't get me wrong I'm sensitive to the whole situation but you can't justify people dying if they were being stupid (knowing right from wrong and choosing to do wrong anyways) and paid the ultimate price because they were ignorant to the hazards. We Floridians have been through storms. Most people die due to trees falling on homes, people wrecking into downed trees/power lines, driving car through feet of water (swept away), storm surge (drowning) etc. Preventable circumstances. If you want to mention the kids who were put in a bad situation or storm recovery workers you got me. People from the Gulf through the Eastern Seaboard need to know they're at risk for hurricanes and they need to educate themselves. These natural disasters don't pop up. You get 1-3 weeks to monitor a storm at sea for THOUSANDS of miles. No excuse. No one (in the US) should die due to hurricanes, but it happens and it'll continue to happen.

Anyways back to the white note II...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

Anytime people die in a disaster, I consider it tragic.  Yes there was a warning.  However, the evacuation effort in heavily populated New York City was not the best, see nursing homes in Rockaway Beach as an example. 

Your post hits my original point: there are life-threatening issues from nature that people have to deal with not just with the storm but also with its aftermath.  There is no need to make threats to people's lives over a cell phone color.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Tutor

Man... I am too waiting eagerly for marble white galaxy note II and checking at least 10 times a day but to no avail... god knows whats going on with AT&T... Hope it comes out on 9th in Store.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Teacher

This is rediculous, att continues to frustrate its customers. I'm seriously thinking about switching over to T-Mobile, atlesat they have the phone in BOTH colors AND unilimted data plans. The only thing that is stopping me is my grandfathered plan with att, otherwise I woulda been long gone. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Explorer
I'm tired of drooling over this phone everyday. I want mine already! I wish I at least had some concrete info on when the white would be available so I don't have to feel so anxious all the time!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Teacher

21stNow: "'Ive held off in responding because I just don't get this level of passion about a color. "

I don't know what you're takling about but color plays a HUGE role in deciding. How about the next car you purchase arrives in pink. Color doesn't matter right? 

Most people will have their Note 2, most likley, for the next two years of their lives, and when they see somebody else with a white version, it will most likely cause regret. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Mentor
MARKETING = $$$ my friends

And you and I will never get them to change the way they think about it!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

rippx wrote:

21stNow: "'Ive held off in responding because I just don't get this level of passion about a color. "

I don't know what you're takling about but color plays a HUGE role in deciding. How about the next car you purchase arrives in pink. Color doesn't matter right? 

Most people will have their Note 2, most likley, for the next two years of their lives, and when they see somebody else with a white version, it will most likely cause regret. 

I like the color white on cars the least, for many reasons.  My previous car was white because it was available and the price was right.  I wanted a white iPhone 4 when it was released; it wasn't available then.  I wasn't willing to wait for it.  The black one served me well for a year and eight months.  I wanted the red Galaxy S III when that phone was released in June.  I wasn't willing to wait on a color and the blue one is serving me well now.

I stand by my original statement that I don't understand this level of passion about a color.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Mentor

Just because you fine the color of the phone to be of no importance, doesn't mean others feel the same way.  We work hard for our money and sorry if we refuse to settle less than what we expect even if it is just a color.  You feel free to spend your money how you please, but don't you dare tell others how they should spend their money and how color is not important.  You have your opinoins and we are intitles to ours, if you dont like it, well im afraid your opinion is no importance.  Please, there is no need to be rude.  Allow us to have our "passion in color" and stay out of it (:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2012
(0)
Mentor

Now, back to what this topic is really about!  I truely am dissapointed with AT&T and I do hope that by Friday, white is on the counters and ready to be purchased because i wll be in line!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

RhianaK0326 wrote:

Just because you fine the color of the phone to be of no importance, doesn't mean others feel the same way.  We work hard for our money and sorry if we refuse to settle less than what we expect even if it is just a color.  You feel free to spend your money how you please, but don't you dare tell others how they should spend their money and how color is not important.  You have your opinoins and we are intitles to ours, if you dont like it, well im afraid your opinion is no importance.  Please, there is no need to be rude.  Allow us to have our "passion in color" and stay out of it (:

Nowhere in any of my comments was I rude.  Also, if you take the time to read and comprehend what I said, you won't find a single statement where I told someone else how to spend his/her money.  A poster responded to my comment and asked how I would feel about a pink car.  I answered his question by giving examples of things that I had done in the past.  If you didn't like my comment, you were free to disregard it.  This is a public forum and opinions from both sides can and will be stated.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)
Mentor

You don't think you were rude? Well you need some adjustment sweet heart.  Don't come in here saying the color is of no importance.  Its of no importance to YOU.  Its not our fault that we don't settle for things that aren't the way we expect them to be, that's yours.  You settle, obviously, we don't.  And if you can't comprehend that you are being rude then I suggest you no longer respond, because you are being rude.  Go ahead settle for that white care and that black iphone.  As for me, I'm not just going to get something because what I'm looking for is not available yet.  I have patience, you should invest in some.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)
ACE - Professor

Your comments are no longer contributing to the discussion.  I'm not your sweetheart, so stop using such names to refer to other posters on the forum as this is the very definition of rude behavior.  As I said in my previous post, this is a public forum and people from both sides can respond to threads.  I also said that if you don't like my posts, disregard them.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)
Teacher

What I said about the whole violence drama you started was OBVIOUSLY A JOKE. That's not even humane and is obviously a crime.  And yes color does matter, everyone here wants the white and it's true how that person described that a few days or weeks later you see someone with the color you wanted and you have to be with that for 2 years you're gonna be frustrated.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 7, 2012
(0)
Explorer
anyway... I called my local AT&T and asked if they will be selling the note 2 on Friday. They said they usually get their shipments on Sundays and they haven't gotten anything yet so it's possible they won't even get anything on nov 9. :smileysad: