The Samsung Galaxy S24
LordGeek's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Friday, December 13th, 2013 4:51 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Recovery

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from you off contract ($725) .. originally it came with firmware 4.3 / build N900AUCUBMI9 .. since I've had the phone, an OTA update was released that brought my phone to 4.3 / build N900AUCUBMJ5.

Now, this is where my gripe comes into play .. since AT&T (you) released the update to MJ5 .. where can one (meaning ALL your sucked consumers that bought the Note 3) obtain a recovery for our phones ????

Emergency Firmware Recovery through KIES3 only has N900AUCUBMI9 .. since receiving the MJ5 update, NO ONE can EFR there phones because MJ5 does NOT allow going backwards in the firmware/builds version.

Guys/Gals .. I suggest you get with Samsung and get your heads together and figure this out .. either you update KIES3 to the CURRENT build of MJ5, or, push another OTA out to us unlocking the ability to go backwards in builds until KIES3 is fixed.

I've been with you now almost 20 years .. this is by far the lowest I have ever come across with AT&T .. get things fixed !!!!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

7 days this post has been up here .. and to NO SURPRISE at all.. no one from AT&T has replied !!!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Here it is now December 27th, still no response from ANY AT&T Staff member in regards to this issue .. I'm keeping full tabs on my posting with date entries because this has been reported to the BBB and FCC in regards to AT&T's failure to support there devices after releasing a firmware upgrade and not updating supporting software (KIES) in the event that a PAYING customer has to do an Emergency Recovery.

I have already received a response back from the FCC filing that they have received alot of complaints in regards to this matter and will be filing a full investigation with AT&T.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, LordGeek!

Thanks for posting. I understand your concerns, and I apologize for the delayed response. In order to help us track the issue and potentially find a workaround, we would appreciate it if you could send us a detailed private message by clicking here.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You should receive a reply within two business days, but please keep in mind the upcoming holiday.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

So what happened?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did you have the official firmware for the N900AUCUBMJ5?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.