The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hello Community,

A common issue we’ve seen - behind the voice and data issues that some users have experienced - is that some or all LTE service may be toggled to ‘off’ within the device settings inadvertently.

To Resolve:

Once complete, please ensure you power your phone off and back on to establish a fresh connection with the network.

Note: This information is specifically geared to the recent 3G shutdown.  If you were not part of the 3G shutdown, please troubleshoot as normal using the information included in other posts.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yikes!  I've just really started to notice that my 'New' Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a problem with the GPS.

When driving around places where GPS should be perfect my Note3 tells me that I've lost GPS connection. This has happened several times in the last week.

Also, when driving around using Google Maps, the 'dot' that indicates my location does not update properly! The dot just sticks on the screen when it should be moving!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same problem with my Samsung galaxy note 3 with AT&T. It seems like if an email comes in or text or any other type of activity the Gps signal is lost. I have tried several different navigation apps and all the same result. It was working well for a month but my phone received an over the air update and this may be when it stopped working. To remedy AT&T has refreshed my phone and I have also done a complete factory reset with no success.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Ok... More information. It is not activity like email or phone calls causing the loss of signal. I have tested the GPS loss of signal a few times on the same travel route and it always happens in the same locations. Maybe it is possible the signal is lost when transitioning between cell towers. If I pull down the notification pane and turn off GPS and turn it back on it locks on to the signal again until the next problem location.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Tested the GPS again today and paid attention to when signal was lost on my Samsung galaxy note 3. It happens when the network connection switches between 4G and 4G LTE. This appears to be the issue.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

So what is the Solution?This is very Frustrating having to lose the GPS Signal on my Galaxy Note 3 while Driving .
Any suggested help?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I agree this is extremely frustrating. I turned off under settings power saver mode Cpu Power saving and it seems to help a little but I still lose signal just not as often. I also tried shutting down any applications that have location services like weather bug and zillow. I have made progress and I am still trying to figure it out. Samsung and AT&T support did not provide me with any useful direction.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

UPDATE:  Seems to be working now!!

I finally did a 'Factory Reset' on my Samsung Note3 and it seems to fix my GPS dropping out issue..

More info:  

Note:  I use a paid (non rooted) program called 'MyBackup Pro' to backup to an SD Card.  I backed up both 'Data' (phone Logs, SMS-text messages, and MMS data) and I also did an 'Apps' backup (which is a backup of the APK files for all the applications that I have installed on my Note3 phone).  

-I restored the Note3 to 'Factory Restore/Reset; (Settings/General/Backup and reset/Factory data reset).  

-I tested the Note3 GPS by driving about 60miles using Google Navigation and I did not experience any Lost Signal issues!  🙂

I then restored (using MyBackup Pro) my SMS, MMS and Call Logs as well as my Apps. But then when I tested my GPS using Google Navigation again, I experienced 'Signal Lost' issues again!! 😞

-I once again did a 'Factory Reset' and then only restored my Data (SMS, MMS and Call Logs) and not the APPS.  I test the GPS again by driving over 100miles with no issues.

***So for me, it seems to be an issue with some Application/s that I've installed on my Note3! 

I now only installing a few apps and testing to see if my GPS is affected.

I will report back with my finding soon.

I love the Note3!  But I'm really bummed about this GPS lost signal issue.  Hopefully I can figure out which application is causing the issue.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I would pay special attention to the apps that use location services to track location. I have spent today disabling location services on these apps. I will test it tonight. Thanks for the update.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

After disabling apps that use location services GPS works perfectly. The one that may have been causing my issue was weather.com.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.