The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Is it a criminal activity selling Note 3 without warning customers about not working GPS? WOW, global corporation can get away with a murder.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Well,  that post was as useless as 1 wrestler !!

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

No. Unfortunately I can't. But that also shows why they are not worried about the GPS not working. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I bought my wife a Note 3 as a gift. WHAT A MISTAKE! She used the GPS on her other phone all the time, and now she has a phone with GPS that doesn't work. I am so annoyed at AT&T that I am considering switching carriers after having been with AT&T for 5 years.

AT&T, fix this or refund our money!

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I did the My Track test on a 170 mile drive one way and it tracked 131 miles. Dashed line. Lost. Thought I wasn't moving when I was doing all highway driving except for about 2 miles total. My two S4's already have the Kit Kat update. Nothing yet for the Note 3. This GPS better be fixed when this update comes out.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Oh and the replacement is the same or newer model, not the same or lesser model. If they don't fix this with the patch I'll be going for the S5.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

It's Monday, March 24th. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? It's difficult when you've recommended something techie and then find out something's broken (like GPS) and nothing can be done until AT&T issues a patch. This is of course for those who aren't rooting and want to keep their warranty.

How about sharing the release date? Give us SOMETHING more than "Soon". "Soon" is too much of a slippery slope.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Filing complaint with FTC shortly myself this negligence is borderline criminal.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Hey everyone, It's been a long time. I have always been the go-to person when someone in my company gets a new phone. Well I had 3 coworkers get the Note 3 in the last 2 weeks; they knew I had one and thought they would get it and suprise me.

When I realized all of them were AT&T, I told them to take them back and I would have, if I was still in my 14 day window. Everyone I work with uses GPS daily and when I showed them the issue with mine, they were not too happy. One of them did not believe me, she got the phone last Friday during lunch and was like "See, mine does not have the issue!", well this morning she apologized and said it went bonkers by Saturday night. All three of my co-workers took the phones back and 2 of them even canceled their contracts and went to other carriers.

It is sad that we were sold a defective phone that AT&T cannot fix. It would be nice to get something from AT&T to show that they are really working on the issue and not hoping we will just go away or upgrade. 😞

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I have the samsung Mega and I have the same problem.  I've filed a couple of complaints with Samsung and I have had them replace the phone once.  I like the phone but the GPS issue is driving me nuts.  I play a lot of Ingress.  I also hope that it is a software issue and 4.4 fixes it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.