The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

All 500+ of us should file a complaint to FCC, that should get Att attentions lol

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

FCC?  Why not also get the BBB involved since they are selling defective phones and not stating they have issues!  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Otherwise ATT would  be screwed by sitting on this for so long and not stating when it would be resolved.

They however have to give us the option for a WORKING phone.  But we get screwed again because he had to pay more for this phone that doesnt work then for a phone that does.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

I received my new Note 3 from AT&T last week and have used Google Maps twice now. GPS worked perfectly every time. I don't think my Note 3 will have any GPS issues in the future either.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Every single person who has said that has been proven wrong in the long
run. In addition rooting the phone and replacing the files manually has had
a 100% success rate. So if per some miracle your replacement never sees the
issue again (unlikely) the problem you had is not the same as the one the
majority are having. Goodluck and cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

^ psxsage, who were you referring to? I never had a Note 3, so no replacement device here. Love my Note 3!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

My mistake didn't read the *new* part but still same Info applies most of
us have the newest model still same issue chances are the new files just
haven't been pushed to your device yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

^^ Keep using it @Eileen89 and get back to us. Turn it on and have someone call you. Do some of the tests people have suggested in this thread.

If by some chance you never have the GPS problem, congrats. Otherwise, welcome to the club.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

@ psxsage, AT&T did push some type of update to my phone shortly after I set it up. I assume that was to prepare it for Kitkat but I'm not sure.

@ daines, I'll try testing again doing what you posted here and see what happens. Normally though, I don't make or receive calls while driving.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

You do not need to accept calls. It is enough to loose GPS when your WAN radio switch between LTE and 3G

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@Eileen89   I hope you do not have the problem...   and it is POSSIBLE that AT&T stopped pushing the "bad" GPS Dirvers over the air...  but if they did that, all they woudl have needed to do was to tell us ALL to do a factory reset.

As for making calls while driving, I completly agree with you  (I so,  but only with at headset).    but even if you refrain from MAKING calls, you can not control someone ELSE callng YOU...   which turns off the GPS.

So..  the test to do...  drivign or not driving...   put on any GPS software (google maps,   WAZE,  etc..)...  and have somone call YOU..   

There will be no obviouse issue...   your screen will look exactly the same,  but in very small print, on the top of the screen, it will say "no GPS detected"   (or soemthing like that.)

Good luck!!  and please let us know your  results!!!   If the phoen work fine,  please let us know the hardware/firmware version....

D

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.