The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I have used the GPS once since the update and it worked better. It lost contact for 60 seconds and re connected. Plugging and unplugging while running did not seem to faze it but that was a sometimes problem with me before (it seems we have variations of a theme with our phones.) 

I will recommend Samsung support and, when I had it, I loved the HTC support. The Samsung techs seem knowledgeable and and practical. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

BTW: Thank you ATT&T for bumping my status to Teacher. I really feel fufilled as a person. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

So far 3+ months for a fix does not strike me as excessive. with thousands of phones out there they cannot be sending out the fix of the week to see if "this time' it really really fixes the phone.

My friend that I convninced to switch from an iphone to the Note 3 said he always keeps a dedicated GPS in the car because he does not find any phone to be worth his total trust. I would say that if having a GPS were mission critical to me neither would I use the bag of tricks that is the modern smartphone as my sole or primary GPS unit. So says me.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

My review was not approved either. There was no foul language or anything derogatory towards att just the truth about the gps not working i did add good at getting you lost as a pro though

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I used to have a Garmin but got tired of paying $50 every year for map updates when I could use Google Maps for free. In addition the POI (gas stations, restaurants, etc.) information of Google gets updated far more frequently and is always more accurate than something like a Garmin . Not to mention it's tied into web search so I can easily see reviews, more information, street view, traffic, etc. Standalone GPS still makes sense in the backcountry, but not so much in the auto anymore.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Incidently, I had a Galaxy S4 right before switching to the Note 3 and I had the exact same issue on the S4 with GPS. Might be good to join efforts, as there are a lot more S4 users out there than Note 3. Wonder if there is a similar thread for them.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

My original Galaxy Note was great all last riding season until an update in late summer or early fall when these errors started happening to it as well.  I always thought it was the App that I use,  "Mapmyride" and I've been back & forth with them with no success.  I then upgraded to the Note 3 and the problem never went away.  I then discovered that the same issues happen in other cycling GPS tracking apps such as Strava.  So Im guessing it's a Samsung vs. AT&T mashup issue and is not purely related to the Note 3.  Whatever it is,  I can show at least 3 months of riding where I had 0 issues then all of a sudden, haywire, on nearly every ride.  I've kinda lost faith in it for a while until I came across this forum and found out it was an AT&T / Phone issue.  I''d really like it to be fixed before Apr 10 when I have the MS150 Grand Fono Charity ride from Houston to Austin.  I'd like to do live tracking via Mapmyride..  

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung has updated its website to tout that the AT&T Note 3 comes with KitKat !!  LOL

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N900AZWEATT?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000279

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Since most of your reviews would not get approved on the review page http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung/galaxy-note-3-classic-white.html#fbid=2vlT5fcFwZj

You might want to support my review by just clicking the helpful button. The idea is that people who sorts the reviews by most helpful review will get my review on top. At least we can get something back in small little ways. Just search for my user name there to find my review.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.