The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

This is a pain in.....I was in Downtown Houston Texas last night looking for an event last night. I had to use maps to get around and of course GPS signal kept *** while driving ! Kept getting lost people honking behind me cuz in between stop lights I had to FREAKIN KEEP TURNING OFF AND TURNING ON TO TRY TO GET MY LOCATION! Also, I almost hit a car that pulled out in front of me and wasn't paying total attention ...why CUZ I *** TRYING TO GET THE GPS TO WORK! This is a company that always sends message "don't drive n text !" Hey how bout fix the GPS to have working so that we can drive safe too. I mean, DONT PEOPLE USE GPS FOR DRIVING DIRECTIONS AND SHOULD THAT BE AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE TO BE WORKING? ? Thank u AT&T , much love ....

[Inappropriate content removed]

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Seems the sound on my phone also drops when you plug or unplug the charger

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Please explain this process further.  I enter that on my phone hit dial and get an error

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

okay I just called AT&T they read the forum and they realize that there's an issue. Well maybe not AT&T but the tech who I talk to certainly did. They sent me to Samsung for their support just like they did with multiple people on this forum. I'm on hold with them now. I have a brand new note three sitting in a box next to me for my daughter which I probably am going to return and get the note 2 it was much more solid

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

technician from AT&T told me we all need to report this to Samsung the more report the more likely we are to get a resolution

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I use gps tracker for my rides.. very disappointed in the gps on the note 3.. hopefully it will be addressed. . It has nothing to do with atat or 4g.. my s4 worked flawlessly

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Why would all the same apps work perfect on s4 and not on note 3?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I signed up to report having the same issue. I depend on GPS navigation to do my job and this is becoming a big problem.

Clicked the "me too" button to add another one.

Still waiting for a solution that does not include root.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Whine...  Please fix this

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Hi All, I've been having GPS signal dropping issues with Galaxy Note 3 as well.  Glad I'm not the only one; at first I thought it was just my Navigon app, but GPS drops out with Google Maps and Sygic Navigation as well.

I've tried using the GPS Satellite utility on GooglePlay to download new GPS data, but no effect.  Otherwise, I have to toggle the GPS on and off radio on and off to get signal back.  Invariably, it'll lose signal again a few minutes later though.  I used to have the same issue with my Galaxy S2, but my Note 2 never had the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.