Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2013 12:55:08 PM
(0)
Teacher
I not talking about the multi-view side bar. I am wanting to re-order the top, pull-down, settings notification bar. Where the icons are: wifi,gps, sound, screen rotate,multi window,bluetooth, airplane mode, power mode, driving mode, allshare cast.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2013 2:52:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I finally got the update.  I had previously started the update and it didn't finish.  Then it wouldn't let me update and I kept changing the date with no success.  I finally went to a AT&T Wifi Hot Spot (Fed EX).  I connected to the hotspot and changed the date again.  It finally started the update, but it was so slow it would of taken days to get it so I left.  Suprisingly I got back to the office and connected to my wifi and it continued the download in a couple of minutes and it  just finished.  It is going through the update now.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2013 3:07:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

So here is the deal. Yes Att does get the software to push it but there is something wrong with a batch of phones. Samsung has acknowledged this and for the bad batch looks as if though you have two options, one being send the phone to Samsung and let them put the update on for you (did talk to a Samsung rep about this... around a two week turn around time) or now it has been confirmed that if your phone is unable to update due to the bad batch, then you will get a replacement. You will have to try to have several pushs with an att rep before you find out. I spend 4 days on the phone with the nicest, most helpful rep I have ever talked to in my history with att (around 8 or 9 years) this new came today. It will be a bare phone meaning no battery, no pen, no back cover(use the one off your old phone) but it will be preloaded with 4.1.2. So if you are having trouble with this contact ATT to see if it can be manually pushed first then the will go from there....good luck

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 16, 2013 4:06:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just got my phone yesterday Jan, 15th. and I tried the 3/19/13 method.  At first, it showed an update available on the notification screen; however, its only for the nagivation app.  SUCK!!!  Then I try to keep rolling the date on day by day and save to see it will work.  After rolled couple days it won't work so I just roll to April then save.  And try to check for update.  Now it WORKS!!!  It's downloading now!!!   

Hope it works on your end.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 16, 2013 8:21:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

had a problem with this 4.1.2 update... called at&t several times,,, no help from them whatsoever :smileymad:... they transferred me to samsung,,, same thing :mansad:... so reading dimsem message made me change the dates forward and back several tyms,,,, after about 15 attempts,,, it finally worked :smileyhappy:,, i moved the date apr 29... 

i just moved it forward to april just entered random dates and moved back jan, feb or march on diff dates as well then got lucky,,, 

wow at&t... can't even figure this one out :smileytongue:

thanks dimsem,,, now i can sleep :heart:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 18, 2013 5:45:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
I got my update on December 27, 2012...I love the update, but why doesn't it have a Data toggle and the sync toggle? I think the data toggle would be helpful cause I have to go to the menu just to cut off my data..Please add it in the Next Update!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 19, 2013 11:07:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!

I got the update notification on sunday. I went ahead and downloaded it. it took about an 1.5 hrs but nothing happend. I was still stuck with the same version number 4.1.1.. and it said i had to wait 1471 hours to check for updates again. 

tried samsung kies but it said I had the latest firmware...no updates available there...

Today (a week later) I called the att tech support. Got him to send me another update ota. he said it would take up to 24 hours to get it.

Didn't wanna wait 24 hours so I reset my time to April 1st 2013... restarted my phone and BAM got the update....

it took about 10 minutes to download and 7 minutes to install. (I DID THIS AT HOME WITH BATTERY 100% AND WIFI ON)

NOW I HAVE THE MULTIVIEW UPDATE!!!

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!